2017 recruiting

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
I'll do a brief run down on somethings in this class.
First we are done at QB and got the best QB in this class IMO. (Just watch him rise )
RB
Harris is special and he loves him some BAMA. to all the people questioning if we hold on to him. (STOP!!!) Henry Just won every award a RB can win plus the National Championship. We are likely to sign four if everything stays the same. Akers would be my likest to flip at this point (Ole .... is trying hard but the NCAA will take its toll on this class ) We are going to go out and find an APB like Drake

Wr This position has potential to rival our LB Class from last year
My top 4 Tee Higgins , Jerry Judy, Jeff Thomas, and Nico Collins
(just outside Jaylen Harris , Tarik Black)

TE Brock Wright we will try to flip him and then likely wait for camp

OL Should be another fantastic Class. This is where we want to win games and its starting to show. We are trying to flip Calvin Ashley , Wyatt Davis should be in this class. I would look for them to wait until summer to zero in on the interior prospect like we did this past year.

DL we seem to zero in on these guys in the summer. I haven't looked at much film for them so can't give an opinion yet

LB Obviously Moses is in there. IMO we get him. He loves Saban and not being in LA for the next year helps. Also, if LSU doesn't win the SEC I think Miles is toast.
McBride would be my number two due to his athletic ability. He beat D.Robertson in the 200m last year. Will be a tough pull due to Kirby. I like Baron Browning and Justin Foster on the ILB or Anthony Hines

CB Homles has visited but will go to Stanford Likely. Gibbs is likely a UT/ UGA battle for now with UT leading because of Warrior. Aj Terrell is a guy I'd keep an eye on due to his size.

S Obviously we would love to pull Okudah and might be able to due to Jackson leaving next year. Having and keeping Xavier Mckinney is big here. I would love to get Devon Hunter out of VA. Saban loves getting guys that have been to camp.

This is a very brief overview right now ,but as with everything in recruiting is subject to change.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Bama commit Jake Fromm up to No. 37 in the @247sports Top 247.
I saw that about Fromm and as Jam predicted. Najee up to the #1 overall player. Here is a link about our other commits and targets. I am really surprised at their ranking of Brian Robinson in their original analysis and even more so moving him back in the recent update. It appears the other services respect him more than 247 does at this time.

http://alabama.247sports.com/Article/Alabama-football-commits-Top247-rankings-43761644

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
I saw that about Fromm and as Jam predicted. Najee up to the #1 overall player. Here is a link about our other commits and targets. I am really surprised at their ranking of Brian Robinson in their original analysis and even more so moving him back in the recent update. It appears the other services respect him more than 247 does at this time.

http://alabama.247sports.com/Article/Alabama-football-commits-Top247-rankings-43761644
Fromm just has it when you watch his film. I have yet to see a better QB prospect. Robinson is likely to stay where he is because all they have seen is one year of film. They want to see him camps etc. (247) Also , just because they don't go to camps and the circuit doesn't mean they aren't good look at the OT we signed last year. Many people said he would've been #1 had he done an all star game or the camp circuit.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.