Pre-Draft Discussion (Combine, Mock Drafts, Analysis, etc...)

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I'm confused. I thought today was for kickers.
All I know about Derrick was that he weighed in at 6'2 242 pounds.
Did the running backs actually do bench presses on day one???
I can't imagine but someone enlighten me.
sip
Henry weighed in at 247 lbs. Here's the schedule for the week. It shows RBs bench press today.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Thanks...so how did Derrick's bench compare with the top RB's bench? Although I think bench press is pretty irrelevent for a running back I'd like to know.
Tell the DE from MSU that Henry stiff armed into a flip that chest and arm strength is irrelevent.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Thanks...so how did Derrick's bench compare with the top RB's bench? Although I think bench press is pretty irrelevent for a running back I'd like to know.
The last numbers I saw had Keith Marshall (UGA) with the most reps at 25. Henry had 22 and Drake had 10. I only saw those 3 names and rep count I didn't see a list of the all the RBs..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Alabama LB Reggie Ragland promised he'd come down from his senior bowl weight of 259 and he did. Weighed in at 247 at the combine. Dropped 12 lbs in a month..

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
A couple of quick notes.

Henry finished tied for 5th in the bench press. If you take out the FB's, he was tied for 3rd among actual RB's. Good showing in something that isn't too big for backs.

Just a few minutes ago Ryan Kelly posted a 5.01 in the 40, with a 1.78 10 yard split. That's really good numbers for him, and the announcers were glowing over him. They expect him to be able to play 3 positions at the next level (center, both guard spots) which ups his value.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
A couple of quick notes.

Henry finished tied for 5th in the bench press. If you take out the FB's, he was tied for 3rd among actual RB's. Good showing in something that isn't too big for backs.

Just a few minutes ago Ryan Kelly posted a 5.01 in the 40, with a 1.78 10 yard split. That's really good numbers for him, and the announcers were glowing over him. They expect him to be able to play 3 positions at the next level (center, both guard spots) which ups his value.

That is an amazing time for Ryan and some are saying Kelly may move into the 1st round. That would be great and would give us four 1st rounders.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
A couple of quick notes.

The NFL website still shows Kelly with an unofficial 4.93...on the benchpress issue, DH has long arms, which are not good for BP...you need t-rex arms for BP'ing :)

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Re: NFL Combine Discussion - 9 Alabama Players Invited

That's just a stupid comment to make. The players don't deserve a thing? Really? Many put 10+ years of their life towards improving their skills and working hard to get a chance.
Y'all are clueless. Just because a player puts in X years, works hard, etc. doesn't mean they deserve a spot at the combine. Using the this type of criteria would result in over 1500 players getting an invite to the combine.

I bet you think everyone should get a participation medal, too . . .

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013

I'm sorry, I'm having hard time to see where you coming from on this. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but did you get cut from a football team when you were in high school or something?
Players like Joey Bosa, Derrick Henry, etc deserve to go to the combine, because they have accomplished so much on the field, and its a great opportunity to show what they can do on the next level. If you work hard, you deserve it. if it's not meant to be, then it's not. Simple as that.
It's simple, everybody doesn't deserve an invitation to the combine. The once you mention were invited, so they are irrelevant to the post you quoted. This is a continuation of why Coker didn't get an invite, not why Henry et al did.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

It's simple, everybody doesn't deserve an invitation to the combine. The once you mention were invited, so they are irrelevant to the post you quoted. This is a continuation of why Coker didn't get an invite, not why Henry et al did.
At this point, I think we all just want to discuss the combine and not argue semantics. The invitation stage of the combine is over and now it's on to the drills and testing..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
RBs getting ready to run. Anyone want to guess what Henry and Drake will run? I say 4.51 for Henry and 4.48 for Drake..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Henry can catch the ball just fine. He just didn't have that many receptions in college because he played during the Amari Cooper era lol

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.