Link: "No LSU football" scare tactic for LA budget

BadgerTidefan

1st Team
Dec 2, 2006
Jennings, FL
The issue isn't the college football, the issue is that you can't have college football without a college/university. If they run out of funding on April 30, Louisiana State shuts down, students get incompletes, and - I believe - the athletes are effectively ineligible for Fall 2016 until they can complete those credit hours.

With all that said, there is 0% chance they let their flagship university (and other public universities) shut down. They'd never recover from that...couldn't tell you the amount of attrition they'd face from student enrollment and faculty/staff.
Absolutely correct, LSU will not shutdown regardless of circumstances for the reasons stated and also, whoever pulls the trigger will never hold elected public office again and that is something they care about.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Just saw this posted on Twitter so I dug up this post..Not looking good for The Swamp Kittens when teams are using this against them in recruiting..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

The president also warned that the cuts spell trouble for the LSU football team. .
Alexander said that if the university is forced to cancel summer school, as many as half of the players would be ineligible for the fall. He also admitted that other universities are using LSU’s budget problems as a recruiting tool against the Tigers.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I`ve lived in Louisiana. It would be crowds marching on the capital building with pitchforks and firebrands if state government allowed anything to happen that would negatively impact Tiger Stadium on a Saturday night. Hell, IMO they`d let the med schools go underfunded before they`d do that.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
I`ve lived in Louisiana. It would be crowds marching on the capital building with pitchforks and firebrands if state government allowed anything to happen that would negatively impact Tiger Stadium on a Saturday night. Hell, IMO they`d let the med schools go underfunded before they`d do that.

Unfortunately, this is what would happen at every major school in the country.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.