Tonight's Democratic Debate

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Normally I wouldn't watch but I've grown to appreciate Bernie's personality not only as a guy with a decent sense of humor - but also as someone who is capable of giving Hillary a severe beat down!

The thing is Hillary hardly ever gets any "hard questions" when she does her appearances.

This is gold, Jerry!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I just can't watch that. I have heart problems and don't want a heart attack by listening to ………..

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Normally I wouldn't watch but I've grown to appreciate Bernie's personality not only as a guy with a decent sense of humor - but also as someone who is capable of giving Hillary a severe beat down!

The thing is Hillary hardly ever gets any "hard questions" when she does her appearances.

This is gold, Jerry!
What is her favorite color or have they asked that yet?

Did they question her about making oatmeal raisin cookies for Billy?

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
Really nice debate. Bernie did really well, he needs to go on the offensive a little bit more and call her out on her BS. The moderators were horrible though, I hate it when they don't call them out when they start dodging the question.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Meh, I didn't learn anything at all, and it wasn't particularly entertaining either. Perhaps the healthcare part of it gave some clarity in their differences, but in the end it is clear they both want to get to a single payer system, and once there they can do anything. I guess Sander's reaction to Hillary's Obama gushing was a little entertaining. The only reason I watched it was to be informed when my daughter (who is considering voting for Sanders) hits me with what she is being told by a couple severely left wing professors. It seems that there is a real push for Sanders among the left wingers within our local academia.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Were the investigations into Hillary's foundation and emails brought up?
Surely they were. We have such a fair minded media, the moderators would want to get answers for the American people.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Surely they were. We have such a fair minded media, the moderators would want to get answers for the American people.
When the moderators donate to The Clinton Family Foundation, can we really expect any tough questions from the shills?

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I'm hearing the next Dem. debate is to be moderated by Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Sidney Blumenthal.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
If you don't mind the Dem records and policies being more deeply challenged, then I understand your perspective.
These people are trying to get elected. What happened on MSNBC debate did not benefit a single republican, and what would happen on a foxnews debate would not benefit a democrat. The questions would be traps with no right answer.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Not that I remember, but it was easy to doze off. Didn't expect anything like that from Judy Woodruff or Gwen Ifill though. They were tip-toeing like Tiny Tim.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
I'd like to see Jeanne Pirino and Sean Hannity moderate a Dem. Debate. I don't think Fox News is in their wheelhouse.
Of course it won't happen but it is fun to imagine. I think Hillary's head would actually spin around and Bernie would throw up.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Of course it won't happen but it is fun to imagine. I think Hillary's head would actually spin around and Bernie would throw up.
It would be nice if a right of center media network could honestly host a Democratic debate and a left of center network could honestly host a Republican one. It might cause candidates to challenge their assumptions and genuinely reach out to folks who tend to vote the other way.
Go back and look at Nixon vs. Kennedy debates and you will see how far we have fallen in public discourse.
Of course, what passes for "journalists" in this country would never stand for that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.