Car issues....need some advice

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
I recently got a new car (end of August). I got 3 free oil changes and a tire rotation from the dealership. I took it for it's first service a couple weeks back. Now the car shimmys when I brake like there's a warped rotor. I have a feeling they didn't set the impact wrench to the 80 lb/sqft the manufacturer recommends as torque on the lugs and caused the warping. It's my understanding that the rotors on a car are so thin now that you can't grind out a warp and that if you over torque the lugs and get the rotors hot that they'll warp.
Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with it? I can't prove they over torqued the lugs. I have a feeling they are going to say it's not covered under the warranty. All I know is it was smooth as silk before I took it in for service and now, not so much. I really don't have faith that the dealership will try to make it right.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I recently got a new car (end of August). I got 3 free oil changes and a tire rotation from the dealership. I took it for it's first service a couple weeks back. Now the car shimmys when I brake like there's a warped rotor. I have a feeling they didn't set the impact wrench to the 80 lb/sqft the manufacturer recommends as torque on the lugs and caused the warping. It's my understanding that the rotors on a car are so thin now that you can't grind out a warp and that if you over torque the lugs and get the rotors hot that they'll warp.
Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with it? I can't prove they over torqued the lugs. I have a feeling they are going to say it's not covered under the warranty. All I know is it was smooth as silk before I took it in for service and now, not so much. I really don't have faith that the dealership will try to make it right.
Take it back and see the service manager. Tell him of your concerns and ask him to have it rechecked. It's his job to make sure you are satisfied with not only your purchase, but the service that goes with it.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Take it back and see the service manager. Tell him of your concerns and ask him to have it rechecked. It's his job to make sure you are satisfied with not only your purchase, but the service that goes with it.
this plus remember that if this guy says no there is a General Manager of the dealership, the dealerships owners, the manufacturer and the manufacturers DSM (district service manager) that all have the ability to solve your issue. Leave no stone unturned and do not accept no

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.