No Thread on the Racist Halftime Show at the Superbowl?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Was it racist?!?

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
It really depends on your personal views about it. I personally don't, but I still don't think it was wise to do the whole uniform thing. I think Beyoncé probably should've stayed with the Michael Jackson reference and not try to cause controversy.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Snake is right in one sense. Imagine a costume was used not that actually was the Klan or for that member the Confederacy but merely looked very similar in a Southern based Super Bowl. Y'all know damned well there'd be an outcry from the usual left-wing knee jerk offended folks.

And the NFL can't have it both ways. This is an organization that moved the game because a state wouldn't recognize a holiday for an adultery committing preacher who plagiarized his PhD. I know that's not why we honor the dude but owning slaves isn't the reason Jefferson is on the $2 bill and the nickel either.

I did the most American thing possible during halftime. I exercised my free choice and turned off the channel and took my bath so I'd be ready for work In the morning and not have to stay up after the game and get it. This is necessary as the game doesn't even start at a decent hour for a Sunday game.

I tune in to watch football not to see a rock concert. And the game itself stunk.

I sense a lot of anger, resentment and maybe even some fear in your post. You're clutching your pearls too hard. White guilt is a tough thing to deal with. But the first step is admitting. We're almost there. I'm sure some sensitivity and/or cultural diversity classes will get you over the top. Good luck on your journey. It's tough coming to grips that you are the sole reason for the worlds problems and people's failures.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Well, if you like music, Bruno Mars is about as good as it gets. I watched the halftime show with my 8 year old daughter in my lap. I didn't care foe Beyoncé or Cold Play, but Bruno Mars is the Michael Jackson of this generation.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Well, if you like music, Bruno Mars is about as good as it gets. I watched the halftime show with my 8 year old daughter in my lap. I didn't care foe Beyoncé or Cold Play, but Bruno Mars is the Michael Jackson of this generation.
well lets just hope he is not Michael Jackson to the next generation

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.