No Thread on the Racist Halftime Show at the Superbowl?

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
With all due respect, snake I did not watch the super bowl, so I really have no opinion and really don't care what happened during the game or at halftime.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think there are three reasons no one is talking about it:
1) there is going to be a side that is going to fiercely defend it for weeks... See the MU case and a few others
2) someone is going to comment on Coldplay about them tricking the audience to participate in a lgbt celebration
3) not many here watch pro football enough to really care what the NFL promotes or allows. And many don't like the New Age music either.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I think there are three reasons no one is talking about it:
1) there is going to be a side that is going to fiercely defend it for weeks... See the MU case and a few others
2) someone is going to comment on Coldplay about them tricking the audience to participate in a lgbt celebration
3) not many here watch pro football enough to really care what the NFL promotes or allows. And many don't like the New Age music either.
or maybe

4) its a big todo about nothing

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
or maybe

4) its a big todo about nothing
coldplay came on and I joked about how their one song was like a decade old already, move on and then got off the couch for some wings and beer. Who cares about the rest? Plus, Cam Newton was embarrassed and embarrassing during and after the game. I Lol'd and went about my day

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I changed the channel at halftime. I have no idea what you are talking about. I knew Coldplay was the halftime show so I knew I would rather be hit in the head with a hammer than watch that.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well if you are into Black Panthers, and Malcom X, you would have enjoy it
Honestly... I really don't know why anyone is so surprised that some shenanigans went on. You are still talking about the same NFL that tried their hardest to show Janet Jackson's breast on cable TV during a halftime show. And just the simple fact that Cold Play was the band they picked should've given it away that there was going to be a controversial political undertone to go along with it. I will remind you that Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow made a big deal that their kids were to be born in London to escape the shame of being born in the USA. Im also kind of surprised that you haven't mentioned that Coldplay also tricked the whole stadium to hold up signs to support LGBT without knowing that they were. So really unless they start inviting the oldies back then I wouldn't even bother watching the halftime show, because you know they are going to do something controversial or weird.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
It was basically a big middle finger to traditional values and to all the racist right wingers out there from Hollywood. We've never seen anything like that before. I'm shocked I say shocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It was basically a big middle finger to traditional values and to all the racist right wingers out there from Hollywood. We've never seen anything like that before. I'm shocked I say shocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So seeing Janet jackson's staged wardrobe malfunction is a traditional value, and not shocking? SB39 halftime show

Blue font ofcourse

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Snake is right in one sense. Imagine a costume was used not that actually was the Klan or for that member the Confederacy but merely looked very similar in a Southern based Super Bowl. Y'all know damned well there'd be an outcry from the usual left-wing knee jerk offended folks.

And the NFL can't have it both ways. This is an organization that moved the game because a state wouldn't recognize a holiday for an adultery committing preacher who plagiarized his PhD. I know that's not why we honor the dude but owning slaves isn't the reason Jefferson is on the $2 bill and the nickel either.

I did the most American thing possible during halftime. I exercised my free choice and turned off the channel and took my bath so I'd be ready for work In the morning and not have to stay up after the game and get it. This is necessary as the game doesn't even start at a decent hour for a Sunday game.

I tune in to watch football not to see a rock concert. And the game itself stunk.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

maybe you should keep this on your dvd for the next time those youngs come on tv with their blue jeans and rotating hips ;)

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

maybe you should keep this on your dvd for the next time those youngs come on tv with their blue jeans and rotating hips ;)

Lol. Is urban Meyer the ref...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.