thanks to Bama gymnastics for the great streak over Auburn

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
There really is no understanding of this activity. Especially the stories of how it "actually" started. Please try to explain it if you can- I am willing to listen.
They did something a lot of Auburn fans haven't seen in their lifetimes. Fine by me if you think it sad and weird. We don't consider it "trashing our own place." I don't expect you to understand why we do it.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
There really is no understanding of this activity. Especially the stories of how it "actually" started. Please try to explain it if you can- I am willing to listen.
Started when Toomer's Drugs had the only telegraph in town. It was said they would hang ticker tape after away wins. The toilet paper was said to have started after Punt, Bama, Punt. Y'all were number two at the time. Terry Henley said we were going to beat the number two out of you.

It really is fun. First I rolled them was after the 97 iron bowl. One of my favorite memories. It's one of those things where you can just turn the kids loose with a few rolls, everyone is in a great mood and has fun. My kids got to do it for the first time this past fall.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Started when Toomer's Drugs had the only telegraph in town. It was said they would hang ticker tape after away wins. The toilet paper was said to have started after Punt, Bama, Punt. Y'all were number two at the time. Terry Henley said we were going to beat the number two out of you.

It really is fun. First I rolled them was after the 97 iron bowl. One of my favorite memories. It's one of those things where you can just turn the kids loose with a few rolls, everyone is in a great mood and has fun. My kids got to do it for the first time this past fall.
I agree. It is an activity children would enjoy :)

Bamagator

Scout Team
Jan 12, 2000

So this timed-honor tradition traces its roots to Alabama. Imagine that!

Since I was at the 1972 Iron Bowl, I won't be inclined to look on this type of littering favorably.

Bamabus Collins

Suspended
Jan 7, 2008
The other wins were at the club level not as a NCAA recognized team. So it's their first "official" win against Bama.

You're right. Time to start another streak!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Didn't realize those were club wins - thanks for clarifying. Even better, if they are officially 1-117 against is, that drops their winning percentage to 0.0087. Like it! RTR!

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
They did something a lot of Auburn fans haven't seen in their lifetimes. Fine by me if you think it sad and weird. We don't consider it "trashing our own place." I don't expect you to understand why we do it.
I would not expect anyone to understand why you would throw toilet paper all over the place.

But I guess you are not burning couches.....so I guess it could be worse.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
Come on Pit....you know better than that, they got rid of the telegraph the year Pat Dye arrived..in 1981 he brought that new telephone gadget with him from Wyoming.....after making money off of his Charmin stock. Insider's trading at its finest!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.