thanks to Bama gymnastics for the great streak over Auburn

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
It ended last night but 117 in a row over 36 years, this deserves some recognition and a standing ovation! Just think some of the ladies that started this streak are probably grandmothers now;)

Congrats and thanks to all those that worked so hard to make this happen, ROLL TIDE:BigA:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Heck, I'd be happy for Alabama to beat the Barn in tiddly-winks.
But, yeah, that is quit a streak.
Now, start the next streak.

Last edited:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Checked the score...197.275 to 197.250.

Those are both really good scores, and about as close as it gets. Point being, the streak had to end some time, and I'm glad that when it did, Auburn went out and won it, as opposed to Alabama losing with a poor performance (like we did against Arkansas, having to count two falls --yes, we fell three times on one rotation).

Hats off to the Auburn ladies. See you at the SECs.

MDBSnare

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2007
The girls earned it.
They actually threw toilet paper, TOILET PAPER around the town after a gymnastics victory?! Sorry, but that is just sad....and weird. I just don't get it....I really don't...Why trash your own place?

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
They actually threw toilet paper, TOILET PAPER around the town after a gymnastics victory?! Sorry, but that is just sad....and weird. I just don't get it....I really don't...Why trash your own place?
It was actually an improvement

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
They did something a lot of Auburn fans haven't seen in their lifetimes. Fine by me if you think it sad and weird. We don't consider it "trashing our own place." I don't expect you to understand why we do it.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
In reading Duckworth's comments in the Tuscaloosa News, it seems like in a roundabout way she felt we should have won and either the Barn got some homer scores or we did not score as well as she thought we should have. Don't know if there is something to it or some sour grapes but thought I would throw it out there.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Waiting for the Rod Bramblett call. Chick 6.

Glad the girls finally got over that hump. They were close last year. Here's to hoping this rejuvenates the rivalry.
AU is 1-117 against Bama in gymnastics as an official NCAA squad. There is no rivalry to rejuvenate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Well, the aubs last floor exercise needed a 9.925 for them to win, in their place, want to guess what score she got? On our floor rotation none of our girls scored above 9.875 and we've got some floor all-Americans. Auburn received 3 scores of 9.90 and higher. Hard to imagine they had 3 routines better than any of ours. Draw your own conclusions, but maybe Dana has an argument. Regardless, it was quite a run by our girls.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
Well, the aubs last floor exercise needed a 9.925 for them to win, in their place, want to guess what score she got? On our floor rotation none of our girls scored above 9.875 and we've got some floor all-Americans. Auburn received 3 scores of 9.90 and higher. Hard to imagine they had 3 routines better than any of ours. Draw your own conclusions, but maybe Dana has an argument. Regardless, it was quite a run by our girls.
Homecooking at it's finest.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
From from what I saw, when we did the floor I think we went for more difficult stuff but most of our landings were not perfect. Only thing I can think of why they had us out scored in that, Auburn looked like they were doing more simple routines but they executed the landings better unfortunately. The last score needing a 9.925 was very debatable because her routine wasn't perfect either and messed up one of her landings. So if any of the calls might of been home cooking, maybe that one. Great match though, still proud of how we competed

Bamabus Collins

Suspended
Jan 7, 2008
AU is 1-117 against Bama in gymnastics as an official NCAA squad. There is no rivalry to rejuvenate.

I was about to say...what rivalry?! LOL Saw this now makes the all-time record in this series 117-10. Not to take anything away from the win, but it means that aubarn increased it's winning percentage against us from 0.0714 to 0.0787. This hasn't been a rivalry, it's been ownership. Knew it had to end sometime. Definitely feels weird since most of us have never experienced this - I was 11 the last time it happened. Time to start another streak! RTR

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
Yes, anytime and I mean ANYTIME Auburn beats us at ANYTHING it is a major victory for them and out comes the Charmin.:tongue: Kinda like you beat your big brother at arm wrestling and can't stop celebrating about it.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I was about to say...what rivalry?! LOL Saw this now makes the all-time record in this series 117-10. Not to take anything away from the win, but it means that aubarn increased it's winning percentage against us from 0.0714 to 0.0787. This hasn't been a rivalry, it's been ownership. Knew it had to end sometime. Definitely feels weird since most of us have never experienced this - I was 11 the last time it happened. Time to start another streak! RTR
The other wins were at the club level not as a NCAA recognized team. So it's their first "official" win against Bama.

You're right. Time to start another streak!

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
From from what I saw, when we did the floor I think we went for more difficult stuff but most of our landings were not perfect. Only thing I can think of why they had us out scored in that, Auburn looked like they were doing more simple routines but they executed the landings better unfortunately. The last score needing a 9.925 was very debatable because her routine wasn't perfect either and messed up one of her landings. So if any of the calls might of been home cooking, maybe that one. Great match though, still proud of how we competed
This.

I am no expert, but there didn't appear to be anything blatant on the scoring. IMO both teams deserved the scores. The other rotations they were doing well and sticking dismounts, our girls were doing a little better on the routines, but just missing dismounts. It came down to that one floor score.

If you don't follow Bama's gymnastic team you are missing out. There is a great tradition of excellence. They are very good.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.