Grad transfer: Bowling Green WR Gehrig Dieter headed to Bama

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Robert Foster comes back 100% with Ridley, Stewart, and Howard...then we have Dieter...this team is going to be a dream for a QB.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Robert Foster comes back 100% with Ridley, Stewart, and Howard...then we have Dieter...this team is going to be a dream for a QB.
Exactly..One player I hope we see grow into his own & into that great player he has all the tools needed to is Derek Kief..

I agree 100% with ya my friend that our WR talent & depth is a College QB's dream come true..This coming seasons offense has the potential to put up numbers we've never witnessed at Bama with the sheer amount of potential & talent we have coming up(especially at QB)..

It's going to be fun to watching our Boys on both sides of the ball as we defend our NC & I have a sneaky feeling we will 2-Peat, with the possibilities of 3-Peat'ing, if our young QB grows into a great QB under Coach Kiffin the next 2yrs..Chances are that won't happen, but, with the way Coach Saban has "The Process" clicking..

We're in the best shape as any team could be to make it happen(there's no team in better "NC Run Type Shape" as Bama is right now) & yes my Bama Homer in me is coming through loud & proud..

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Alabama 2016 offense = air raid?
If the D is half as good as I think they will be, this might literally be Saban's best team yet. Talent across the line is absolutely incredible. Attitude and effort have to be there, of course, but the pieces appear to be in place...

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Two straight 3000 yard passers...probably about the same as the last two years imo.
Offense will change... Won't be the same as this year. I seriously doubt we'll throw more, but I expect for this qb to have opportunity to make explosive plays more than often.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
You think that could have been a two-handed catch?
Yup..He made an amazing catch most WR's would never make & I can't see how he could possibly got both hands on the ball to make a two handed catch..I could be wrong, but, that was either a one handed catch or no catch at all in-bounds anyways..

On a side note I was watching ESPN talking about WR's making more one handed catches now more than ever in the history of the game..They were saying they thought it was due to improved design & technology in the making of the gloves WR's wear now days, I dunno, I think it could be possible, but, I lean toward WR's are just stronger, faster & just more talented than WR's of yesteryear's..What do y'all think???..

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Yup..He made an amazing catch most WR's would never make & I can't see how he could possibly got both hands on the ball to make a two handed catch..I could be wrong, but, that was either a one handed catch or no catch at all in-bounds anyways..

On a side note I was watching ESPN talking about WR's making more one handed catches now more than ever in the history of the game..They were saying they thought it was due to improved design & technology in the making of the gloves WR's wear now days, I dunno, I think it could be possible, but, I lean toward WR's are just stronger, faster & just more talented than WR's of yesteryear's..What do y'all think???..
I dunno. Lester Hayes could catch a ball with his elbows.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

Actually, I think it's both TideMan. There's no doubt the equipment these guys have now is better than it's ever been, but I think you're right about the talent of these WR's is just better. Teams we play this year will have to pick their poison.
With Ridley,Foster,Stewart and OJ coming at you, somebody is going to be open. Also you got to worry about Bo running and catching! This is going to be fun to watch! RTR!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.