Grad transfer: Bowling Green WR Gehrig Dieter headed to Bama

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Dieter is big time. Big time. I don't know why we signed him because the depth at WR looks amazing already...but he's going to be huge for us.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Dieter is big time. Big time. I don't know why we signed him because the depth at WR looks amazing already...but he's going to be huge for us.
We need someone experience at the position. it's a huge addition for us, because we need a big body on the field.

CrimsonDynasT

2nd Team
Sep 23, 2007
Like this addition to the team. Excellent size and great productivity for Gehrig (love that first name). Our WR corp should be outstanding!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Does anyone know how Fosters rehab is going? I was hoping he could participate in the spring.
I'm guessing the take is a sign that Sims and Foster may not be sure things. I doubt we took Dieter - a proven #1 or #2 receiver - if we didn't intend on playing him a good bit.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I'm guessing the take is a sign that Sims and Foster may not be sure things. I doubt we took Dieter - a proven #1 or #2 receiver - if we didn't intend on playing him a good bit.
Great news. Foster hurt his shoulder so I would think he will not be an issue. We lost both our top 2 slot guys when Black transferred. I think he will be a slot guy and add depth.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Dieter was more of a possession receiver in the few games I saw in MAC play and against Tennessee. The stats back up that label...a lot of games with sub-10.0 ypc but he made a ton of catches.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
Dieter was more of a possession receiver in the few games I saw in MAC play and against Tennessee. The stats back up that label...a lot of games with sub-10.0 ypc but he made a ton of catches.
Sounds like an improved Mullaney, awesome! RTR

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
This is a big get. I don't care how much depth we have, this kid is a bona-fide stud. As much as I loved Mullaney, he's arguably better.

I've been bubbling with excitement for the news to officially break, because I actually spoke to the young man last week and had a good indicator he would be here.

Lining him up on the field with Ridley keeps the defense honest, and as much as I love our depth I don't know if we had that yet.

Roll Tide

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
This could be a prelude to an all out passing assault on the SEC by us next season. Where CLK unleashes his whole playbook on defenses. I wonder if Barnett will be the one pulling the trigger.

Our WR position is all the sudden STACKED. Especially with Foster returning. WOW!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.