Antonin Scalia R.I.P.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Re: Antonin Scalia r.i.p.

Being reported on CBS that an Obama nominee may not sail through before his term is up.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Wow!

This will change the makeup of the SCOTUS...
i thought rbg would pass before scalia. apparently, they were quite good friends. he had 40+ years on the federal judiciary. even though i didn't like most of his work, that level of dedication to our country is very commendable.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000

meh, obama will just declare martial law and suspend the elections until he gets what he wants
I'm just saying what is already being discussed in the media. The CBS report I referenced didn't mention martial law.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
should make for interesting viewing in the repub debate this evening.
Yes - the discussion will be along the lines of this is why the country needs a conservative president; the nation can not take another "radical extremist" on the SC.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

It's certainly going to be interesting...
yes, it will. i will be interested to see who gets nominated. i'm guessing that they had to have a replacement plan in the event of a ussc death based upon the make up of the court (4, now 3 quite old folks of differing ideologies) and that plan probably takes into consideration the fact that the senate is in republican hands.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.