Alabama vs. Florida game thread....

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
Would someone please explain to me what Next 4 Out? They say we are in that category but if we are not in the Tournament how can we be the next 4 out?
Means we're real close to being in. At this point, our fate belongs in our hands. If we can get at least one more road win (LSU,UK,GA), win out at home (Miss. State, AU, Arkansas), and sneak a victory or two at the SEC tournament, we will be in. Our RPI and SOS are crazy good and we've got some nice road wins (Clemson, UF) and neutral court victories (Wichita St., Notre Dame) to go with big wins at home (SC, Texas A&M)

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Would someone please explain to me what Next 4 Out? They say we are in that category but if we are not in the Tournament how can we be the next 4 out?
This is how the pundits break down the NCAA tournament.

They give you everyone who is in.

They give you the last 4 in. (They're the ones just on the right side of the bubble )

They give you the first four out. (Those just on the wrong side of the bubble. They're a good win from being in perhaps)

Then they give you the NEXT four out. (That's where we fell. Thanks to our resume, if we keep winning we'll leap over teams ahead of us)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Classy move - hope 'Bama also got around to paying respects over the death of "Who's Your Daddy?" in Gainesville after six years of Grant's "Florida family values." Might also make for a little trivial conversation tonight on the OK City Thunder bench...

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
There's a lot of Basketball yet to play, but I personally have never seen a Bama team grow together as much as this one has. When we lost the three in a row they could have easily packed it in, but instead they worked hard and harder and are now on the verge of being a pretty good basketball team.
Coach Johnson and his staff have done a phenomenal job. At the beginning of the season I'd have said no way we'd be 15-9 at this point of the season. But when your coach was an NBA Point Guard and NBA Coach of the Year I guess you could assume that he knows the game of basketball.
Tonight was a big win. It should give the players great confidence. Hopefully they can build off of it and continue to improve. But even if we don't make the tournament or even win another game, this team has gotten better and exceeded the expectations of most in my opinion.
Great job and Roll Tide!
sip

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Bit late to the party, but what a great win!!! I'm officially won over. I knew we would be improved, but we are playing way over where I thought we'd be. This win is a huge resume builder, and if we can keep it up in Baton Rouge on Wednesday, we should find ourselves on the right side of the bubble.

We still have to stay healthy and finish strong, but this team is gelling. We've got some easy games left, we can't drop any that we shouldn't lose. I haven't felt like the tournament was this good of a possibility in years!

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Gotta admit that I didn't like our chances of winning down there today. This team continues to improve and impress. If they're not careful, they're gonna be a team to be reckoned with one day, soon.

RTR!

10Bama54

1st Team
Sep 16, 2006
This is how the pundits break down the NCAA tournament.

They give you everyone who is in.

They give you the last 4 in. (They're the ones just on the right side of the bubble )

They give you the first four out. (Those just on the wrong side of the bubble. They're a good win from being in perhaps)

Then they give you the NEXT four out. (That's where we fell. Thanks to our resume, if we keep winning we'll leap over teams ahead of us)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Makes sense now, thanks!

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I am a big time Bama basketball fan, but I have to admit I was very surprised by tonight's outcome. This is an absolutely GREAT Bama win!!

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Gutsy win with Retin and Edwards fouling out with 5 minutes to play. No way, repeat, NO WAY a Grant team could do that.
RTR!

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
When Edwards fouled out, I turned off the TV, and just went with the CTSN audio feed. Wasn't sure I could bear the sight of many more bad foul calls. It was nerve-wracking enough, just listening to the audio.

Our guys gutted it out, and actually built on the lead. Great road win, and end to the UF streak.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I mentioned during the TAM game that Taylor (and Hall) wasn't doing the fade-away any longer and looked like he was going stronger to the basket. I definitely believe it now.

Only 10 turnovers but UF had 23 offensive rebounds. They would get 2 or 3 shots on some trips and still no points; Bama played tough defense. Bama players will have inside position on the rebounds but will not back out on the opponents to get some distance between themselves and the rim. Many rebounds go over the Bama players.

Obasohan fouling out with so much time left and Bama still getting the win may end up being a blessing as far as overall team confidence is concerned.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Big stat, IMO, is that Alabama was 5-12 from the 3 point line. I like to see that we've moved on from jacking up 30 3s per game (last 3 games were 28, 25 and 27 attempts). If we keep the 3 attempts under 16 or so I think that bodes well for this team..

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Huge win on the road! I am really liking Coach Johnson. I hope he is enjoying Tuscaloosa and wants to stay around a while. I'd like to see how he continues to develop our program. Roll Tide!

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
This was a fantastic game and it was nice to see the potential that is starting to emerge. It's a shame about that Auburn loss, it's really keeping Alabama's RPI and SEC record down, but if they keep this kind of play up it might not matter.

Huge win on the road! I am really liking Coach Johnson. I hope he is enjoying Tuscaloosa and wants to stay around a while. I'd like to see how he continues to develop our program. Roll Tide!
I'd like to think the idea of really being the one that built Alabama basketball into an elite program appeals to him. Alabama might not be able to reach the heights of a Kentucky or a North Carolina, but there's nothing stopping them from regaining their place as the second SEC basketball program, and building off of that. The talent is available, the resources are available, the right coach can take Alabama to the Final Four and make them into an annual SEC contender and NCAA team. I hope Avery Johnson wants to be the guy to do that.

On another note, if Alabama wins a championship in basketball, does that coach get a statue to?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.