'One Stop Shop' IMG Academy

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
With the recent Harbaugh/Michigan spring practice discussion and the ever growing world of recruiting, I thought I would post this link (lengthy read) that explains how IMG goes about it's business. Interesting model but not sure where I stand on it. Bo obviously came from IMG and Dylan Moses who is the #1 player in the nation now goes to IMG and currently favors Bama.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/1...college-football-recruiters-is-unlike-any-oth

Last edited:

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
With the ongoing arms races in collegiate sports, especially football, it should not surprise me that this sort of school/place exists. Even less surprising that it is an arm of the IMG management group. No surprise at all that recruiters are regular visitors.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I happened to meet two of the baseball coaches -- former MLBer's -- on the golf course in Bradenton last spring. Fantastic guys...we had a great discussion about young people, sports, etc. They loved Bo Scarborough, saying he was the real deal...wanted to know how he was doing. Many of the kids down there have rich parents...others have real shots at collegiate and pro careers. They really work hard on academics, values, character, etc. I came away with a different perspective than I had thought...that it was just a sports mill. Nothing could be further from the truth.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
A boarding/prep school for kids with a future in sports instead of politics. Seems logical and will probably help everyone involved, including the kids who don't become professional players.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
With the ongoing arms races in collegiate sports, especially football, it should not surprise me that this sort of school/place exists. Even less surprising that it is an arm of the IMG management group. No surprise at all that recruiters are regular visitors.
I`m in no way insinuating that there`s a thing wrong with IMG mind you, but man, is college sports big business or what ??

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
My 12 year old wants to go to IMG. We may consider it in a a few years after we see what his long term abilities are. I am as interested in the academics and values as I am sports. :)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I happened to meet two of the baseball coaches -- former MLBer's -- on the golf course in Bradenton last spring. Fantastic guys...we had a great discussion about young people, sports, etc. They loved Bo Scarborough, saying he was the real deal...wanted to know how he was doing. Many of the kids down there have rich parents...others have real shots at collegiate and pro careers. They really work hard on academics, values, character, etc. I came away with a different perspective than I had thought...that it was just a sports mill. Nothing could be further from the truth.
I believe the article said tuition was close to $80,000 annually but obviously give out scholarships to the elite athletes. I'm sure they get some of the best teachers and coaches so if you have enough money or are talented enough it is a good opportunity.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.