2016 LSU football discussion thread (all LSU posts here)

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Re: 2016 LSU football discussion thread

Yes, they need to beat Alabama, or win the SEC. One or the other. I still don't think they honestly think of Alabama as their rival any more than we do, they just hate Nick Saban. Rather, they hate that Nick Saban wound up at Alabama. I agree with 81, if they lose to us yet somehow go 10-2 or 11-1 and win the SEC, the fans will be happy.

But if they're undefeated when we go to Death Valley, and we beat them again, and go on to win the SEC again, Miles is gone.

I also agree Butch Jones is in a make or break season at Tennessee. So is Gus Malzahn. And Kevin Sumlin.
Come on... can't everybody beat us next year ;-)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Re: Miles looking to change LSU in the spring ...

I think the only real problem here is that LSU got a taste of the good life and they just can't stand the notion of being relegated to their proper place in the conference.

Saban built them into an elite program and Les Miles recruiting has helped keep them at the fringe of being an elite program. But, they're just not that great a program historically, they seem to think beating Alabama and winning titles is their right, but it really isn't.

Prior to Saban coming along, they had one claimed national title. One... now they have 3. They had 7 SEC titles, now they have 11. The only thing keep them from being in the middle of a pack with Florida, Auburn, Ole Miss, and yes Georgia Tech in terms of SEC titles is the work Saban did. They don't actually belong at the top of the SEC, but they seem to think they do.

This is apparently going to be an issue for them. The fact is they are lucky Les Miles is reasonably competent and they can do a lot worse. They can blow things up because they feel bad if they want, I'm perfectly fine with that because there are worse things than being the second best program in the SEC, which they have been under Les Miles.
Not that I disagree, but using NC and SECs as measuring sticks it's really just us and then everybody else is "middle of the pack."

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Not that I disagree, but using NC and SECs as measuring sticks it's really just us and then everybody else is "middle of the pack."
To be honest the teams with the most relevance is bama, Tennessee, auburn, and Florida. Lsu is a win one and its 40 years in the wilderness type team historically, but the Saban effect has prolonged the trip to wilderness.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
To be honest the teams with the most relevance is bama, Tennessee, auburn, and Florida. Lsu is a win one and its 40 years in the wilderness type team historically, but the Saban effect has prolonged the trip to wilderness.
Shoot, going that far, it's fair to say the only teams that matter in this decade are Bama and the Barn cause nobody else in the SEC has sniffed a SECC or NC since Florida in 2008 other than Bama and the Barn.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.