Update on TIDE-HSV

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
To tell the truth, because of my genetics, it really doesn't do much for me, anyway, so it's no trouble to get off of it...
I'm the other way around... A little of that junk hits me like a hay-maker. (BTW... I'm a big guy)
One pill puts me down for the count for 7-10 hours. (La La Land)
For practical purposes, I'd rather hurt a little than be hammered by the meds.
Every time they work on my knees they give me that stuff. Besides putting me out like a light, It also gives me a queasy feeling in my stomach. It's awful.

p'colabamaman

All-SEC
Sep 16, 2008
Pace, FL.
I still remember the kind offers you made to me when i was in B'ham at the Kirkland Clinic
a few years ago. Thanks again, and I'm glad to hear that you are back home and on the mend.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm the other way around... A little of that junk hits me like a hay-maker. (BTW... I'm a big guy)
One pill puts me down for the count for 7-10 hours. (La La Land)
For practical purposes, I'd rather hurt a little than be hammered by the meds.
Every time they work on my knees they give me that stuff. Besides putting me out like a light, It also gives me a queasy feeling in my stomach. It's awful.
Pretty much the way they effect my wife, also. Although body weight has something to do with it, it comes back to one certain enzyme and its form in the body. I realized on one level that I didn't respond well. I have a pile of hydrocodone bottles, almost full, from previous orthopedic surgeries. I just didn't realize the extent of it before. The same enzyme interacts with the main hormone governing our ability to feel pain. That ability may also be blunted in me...

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland
Tend no to get on much during the post/pre seasons due to my location.

Being a newbie and an ignorant one at that I relied heavily on members here to educate.

Earle and a few others were fantastic to me.

You sir are a gentleman and scholar, I wish you well for a full and speedy recovery.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Tend no to get on much during the post/pre seasons due to my location.

Being a newbie and an ignorant one at that I relied heavily on members here to educate.

Earle and a few others were fantastic to me.

You sir are a gentleman and scholar, I wish you well for a full and speedy recovery.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Thanks!

Earle Boyd Self ("Boyd" is my mom's maiden name.)

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Update - back home. Discharged on day four after surgery, which is not bad at all...
Started planning your next solo decent of the Colorado in a wash tub yet?

Great to have you back. You are an inspiration and it's a privilege to share this board with you. Take it easy for a while!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Thanks to all. Making slow upward progress at two weeks. They weren't kidding when they said these things take months to recover from...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.