Game Thread: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - Bama vs. MSU...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Win the Kentucky game and get back in the discussion for the tournament. Lose that game and I think we're NIT bound..

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
From a resume standpoint, that loss hurts a lot. We still aren't out of it, but we can't afford anymore bad losses. Losing this game also means that we'll need a deeper run in the SEC tournament. Not going to count the guys out, they are a scrappy bunch. Today just wasn't our day.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I may regret saying this.... But, just seemed we didn't have our heads in the game today compared to the last few games. That is what drove fans and TE media crazy when Avery coached the Mavs. Bad losses like these can't happen.
I just can't blame it on CAJ. The shots were there and these are kids. We're not going to out-talent anyone, even MSU. AJ was fiery enough, picked up one "T" trying to get them into it. I just don't know what more he can do...

Last edited:

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
Unless they make a serious run, outside looking in at the NCAA. Right now, IMO NIT. Now they need to get it back together and realize they have not arrived and have to play their best every night and that is hard to do. Did Norris and Coleman even show up today? Need more players to play consistent basketball. This team has still done more than anyone expected. RTR

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I just can't blame in on CAJ. The shots were there and these are kids. We're not going to out-talent anyone, even MSU. AJ was fiery enough, picked up one "T" trying to get them into it. I just don't know what more he can do...
I agree...I thought he coached a good game and has been incredible all year. Sometimes, especially coming off three huge wins, kids just can't get fired up, and a coach simply can't change it. And as you know Earle, sometimes the basket has a lid on it and you simply have a bad shooting day.
It's a tough loss but it's not because of CAJ.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
I just can't blame in on CAJ. The shots were there and these are kids. We're not going to out-talent anyone, even MSU. AJ was fiery enough, picked up one "T" trying to get them into it. I just don't know what more he can do...
Nope this was not CAJ. This was a horrible shooting team today. Too many players missed wide open shots. They had good looks at the basket and just missed easy open shots. Edwards missed open shots that he normally makes and some bad turnovers and he is a SR. Coleman dribbled out of bounds a few times and didn't play well. Norris didn't even take a shot that I remember. And Coleman even missed FTs as well as RO. Hale kept them in game but missed some open looks. This team just shot the ball horribly. It happens, but not at home usually. Oh well. Practice hard and get the fire back.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Bad day.
From a resume standpoint, that loss hurts a lot. We still aren't out of it, but we can't afford anymore bad losses. Losing this game also means that we'll need a deeper run in the SEC tournament. Not going to count the guys out, they are a scrappy bunch. Today just wasn't our day.

Last edited:

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Can't get fired up playing at home in front of a sellout crowd with EVERYTHING on the line? Seriously? Then I guess i just do not understand.
I agree...I thought he coached a good game and has been incredible all year. Sometimes, especially coming off three huge wins, kids just can't get fired up, and a coach simply can't change it. And as you know Earle, sometimes the basket has a lid on it and you simply have a bad shooting day.
It's a tough loss but it's not because of CAJ.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Can't get fired up playing at home in front of a sellout crowd with EVERYTHING on the line? Seriously? Then I guess i just do not understand.
Three straight over Texas A@M, Florida on the road, and LSU on the road, playing a below average team three days before playing on the road against Kentucky? Today was the perfect trap game.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I was there and again we got no breaks on a call all day. We got called for offensive fouls that normally go to the home team and they were just plain bad calls. 2 times in critical situations we go screwed.
1)when CAJ got t'd up on the offensive foul call on Retin when they guy knocked Retin over.
2) out bounds all on us when we down 1 with 4 minutes to go and they foul Edwards and swallow their whistles, then call it out on us. They scored right after that and we never got close again.
We didn't shoot well today either which doesn't help, but we had opportunities. Riley never even took a shot. He was frustrated at the end when they would not pass it to him.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Three straight over Texas A@M, Florida on the road, and LSU on the road, playing a below average team three days before playing on the road against Kentucky? Today was the perfect trap game.
I'm trying to ease him off before he gets himself into trouble. Just lay off him. He just got a little too invested in the game...

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Yuck! This was a surprise.

Shooting was bad, including free throws. MSU's man defense was making it tough as well. Alabama struggled at times against it and then once they got on a little scoring run, they could not stop MSU from scoring so they traded baskets for a while with MSU up by 7ish points.

About my only "complaint": I was hoping for the full court press when Bama shot free throws a couple of different times late in the game; maybe around 3:30 or so remaining. They needed to force an MSU turnover or rushed shot.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.