Jerry Meyer Article on Bama Basketball

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I thought that this was a well written informative article. He basically states we are doing really well and he sees big things in the future.

http://247sports.com/Article/Alabama-basketball-under-Avery-Johnson-is-ahead-of-schedule-43876620

I was concerned about Terrace Ferguson though.

Buckle UP! Beat Kentucky Bama!
Good article and I think it sums things up fairly well. I'm worried about Ferguson, I think anyone would be, but so far all signs still point to Alabama. I can't imagine anything that Alabama has done since he originally committed has scared him away.

In some ways I'm ready to write this season off. Alabama did better than they should have overall, but they also lost a couple of games they needed to win. It is what it is, Alabama is ahead of schedule but I'm more looking forward to the future than worried about the present.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I don't twitter but those that do and follow TFerg has said that he has posted many positives about Bama. I was concerned initially when he did not sign but I'm convinced he will sign in April. There was a quick rumor going around that he had grade issues but that was just as quickly put down as being false.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Good article and I think it sums things up fairly well. I'm worried about Ferguson, I think anyone would be, but so far all signs still point to Alabama. I can't imagine anything that Alabama has done since he originally committed has scared him away.

In some ways I'm ready to write this season off. Alabama did better than they should have overall, but they also lost a couple of games they needed to win. It is what it is, Alabama is ahead of schedule but I'm more looking forward to the future than worried about the present.
Why are you worried about Ferguson? He's going to sign with us. I think people out there like to keep the rumors alive as possible in hoping he'll change his mind. I think he made a mistake, missing out on a signing opportunity back in December.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
In the comments, someone asked Jerry if he thinks T-Ferg signs with Alabama. His response:

Feels 50ish/50ish to me which isn't really good for Alabama. I just hear a lot of talk that he ends up at Baylor or Kansas. Supposedly Kansas is still put off he committed to Alabama, and along with his subpar play this season, might punt on him even if he wants to switch to Kansas.

Tough one to predict.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
But in the article That was released today: http://www.usab.com/news-events/new...-to-continue-success-in-nike-hoop-summit.aspx

“My senior year has been crazy,” said Ferguson. “Way more than I expected it to be. We are the hunt for a national championship. I’m playing pretty good, and everything is happening perfect for me.”
With a verbal commitment to the University of Alabama, Ferguson knows where he will head in the fall.
“I just wanted to be different,” he said of his college choice. “And also coach Avery. He’s a great coach. He’s great off the court also in teaching me how to be a man, also. He has connections. He’s been in the NBA, so his connections are powerful. To be under his wing will be unbelievable.”

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Why are you worried about Ferguson? He's going to sign with us. I think people out there like to keep the rumors alive as possible in hoping he'll change his mind. I think he made a mistake, missing out on a signing opportunity back in December.
I was worried with Trent Richardson to, when there's a big fish on the hook I think there always has to be some concern there. A lot of people will try to talk you out of it, and a lot of people try to talk you into it. I think he'll sign with Alabama, I certainly hope he does, but I don't think you can ever take something like this for granted, especially when the interest is this high.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.