Game Thread: Official Game Thread - Bama vs. UK...

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Back to the game, if Retin doesn't remind us of Russell Westbrook in his ability to get to the rim, we're not looking close enough. He's a shooting coach and 500 practice jumpshots a day during the offseason from a long career.
I've become convinced that Retin does have a realistic shot at the NBA. He has improved by leaps and bounds this year and with CAJ's connections I think someone will take a chance on him. He is so athletic that, as you say, if he can become a more consistent shooter then he should not have any trouble landing a roster spot with some team.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Back to the game, if Retin doesn't remind us of Russell Westbrook in his ability to get to the rim, we're not looking close enough. He's a shooting coach and 500 practice jumpshots a day during the offseason from a long career.
I've been calling him Westbrook lite to the people I watch the game with. It's amazing how similar their games look, Retin just needs to work on his shooting.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
There's no real reason to get too down after losing to KY in Rupp. They are who we thought we were. Shooting has been off two games in a row and that's going to have the get better fast.

We ain't dead yet. This is still a good team that has to get back on track immediately.

JustinT256

1st Team
Sep 21, 2015
Dayton, Ohio
There's no real reason to get too down after losing to KY in Rupp. They are who we thought we were. Shooting has been off two games in a row and that's going to have the get better fast.

We ain't dead yet. This is still a good team that has to get back on track immediately.
THIS. Too many people are giving up too quickly. We're not dead yet.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Best case scenario 10-8 in the SEC. Bama should win thes last 3 games. Bama had to be clicking on all cylinders to win last night, that didn't happen. I still like our chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
We have 3 more games to have a chance at the tourney.
Auburn who we ought to win assuming the team get its confidence back.
Arkansas This should be a win as well, but you can't assume anything with this team
UGA on the road is still a very winnable game.

Regardless of what happens, I am proud of the teams and how hard they have fought this season. Had we beaten State, we'd be celebrating a likely ticket to the big dance. That didn't happen, but we still have a lot of basketball to play as well and time to make a case to be included in the big dance. Other bubble teams are going to lose a few as well so it will sort itself out.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I'm not concerned with losing to MSU or to UK. The guys did a phenomenal job (x3) against aTm, UF and LSU. I think the guys were tired going into the MSU game then looking at the trip to UK where a loss was all but assured. The combination of all that together was just a bit much for them.
I'm looking forward to them recovering and getting back to playing their game. As has been said before, we're not dead yet.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
3 days off before the Lee County Correctional Crew tractors into town.....

I think the extra day off, and a chance to right the ship vs Pearl and his team....may just be what we need.

They can sweep the last 3...and they are in. Even if they go 2-1.....and win 1 in the tournament, they might get in....but I'd rather be safe. Win all 3.

I am pretty much over the Shannon Hale experiment.....either he's too injured to play, or he has decided not to hustle....but, he looks lost, makes bad decisions, and loses the ball at least 2-3x/game

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Look, going into Rupp and expecting a win...it was going to take an all-time effort from all of our contributors. Obasohan was par the course at this juncture but his supporting cast wasn't clutch like they had been during the winning streak. Norris, Hale, Coleman, Edwards needed to get their shooting touch back...and against that Kentucky athleticism, it was going to be hard on them.

Finish strong and we have a shot...have to win @UGA now for sure after losing to MSU. Beating Kentucky was never on my checklist for making the NCAAT.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I don't understand why people though the results would be any different. Alabama is a hard working well coached team that can knock off just about anyone if things are going their way. That doesn't change the fact that they are also a thin team that isn't near the top of the SEC in talent. Expecting them to hang with a Kentucky team that probably has a more talented bench than Alabama's starters is way too much to expect at this point.

Silverback

1st Team
Oct 5, 2010
Oak Grove
I don't understand why people though the results would be any different. Alabama is a hard working well coached team that can knock off just about anyone if things are going their way. That doesn't change the fact that they are also a thin team that isn't near the top of the SEC in talent. Expecting them to hang with a Kentucky team that probably has a more talented bench than Alabama's starters is way too much to expect at this point.
For me it was more hope than expectation. The most likely outcome is exactly what happened. The good news is that with CAJ I have hope going into every game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
When I saw Poythress was going to play, I thought we'll that'll about do it for any chance we had to win this game. He was and is a mismatch for our post players period. Our bigs are shall we say soft to say the least. I'll exclude Hall from that assessment as he is still learning and seems to be improving. Unfortunately, I can't say that of the other 2 big guys.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
I've become convinced that Retin does have a realistic shot at the NBA. He has improved by leaps and bounds this year and with CAJ's connections I think someone will take a chance on him. He is so athletic that, as you say, if he can become a more consistent shooter then he should not have any trouble landing a roster spot with some team.
San Antonio, anyone?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.