Bama Returns 5 of Its Top 6 Sack Leaders

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
Just makes me wonder how many INT's the secondary will have this year with another year of experience under their belt, and if the front D line steps up, (which I have no doubt they will), how many turnovers we can muster up.

Last edited:

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
There's still some things I don't understand about the CG with Clemson. As formidable as our pass rush was against every other team we played last year, it seemed as if our defense was playing back to watch what the QB was going to do instead of coming after him. You would have thought 'Ol Bucket Step Bob' was running our defense.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
There's still some things I don't understand about the CG with Clemson. As formidable as our pass rush was against every other team we played last year, it seemed as if our defense was playing back to watch what the QB was going to do instead of coming after him. You would have thought 'Ol Bucket Step Bob' was running our defense.
For much of the game we were in more of a 'mush rush' like we used against Tebow - push the pocket but stay in your lane and try to contain him.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Kirby reverted back to previous years for some reason. I'm hopeful JP's experiences from FSU and UGA will bring some improvement in that regard.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Just my opinion, I think we had the wrong personnel in for most of the game. I feel like if Rashaan Evans and D'Shawn Hand played more that Clemson would not have moved the ball as well. Watson kept getting outside of A'Shawn, Allen, Reed etc. I can't remember a time that Watson beat Hand or Evans to the edge. Just about every 3rd down that Evans spied Watson (in the 2nd half) ended in a negative play for Clemson and a punt. Regardless of who was playing on the defensive line there were some throws by Watson that were just perfect. I'm more or less talking about the drives in the 1st half that continued to get exteneded by Watson breaking the pocket, getting outside the defensive line and running for a first down. I don't think those runs by Watson in the 1st half would have happened with Evans and Hand on the field..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.