Bama Unveils New Championship Display

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
You know, that is really hokie-looking -- I prefer our displays with real national championships accomplished!
Oh man, putting a participation trophy on top of that and taking a photo would be epic. Someone in their AD's office didn't think this through. They should have hired a bunch of smart aleck's to vet this.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Nice, but I hope they didn't spend too much money since they'll just have to change it next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
True. But that is still the most pathetic looking championship trophy, especially for all it represents. Bring back the crystal.
We still get the crystal football - it's still awarded to the No. 1 team in the Coaches Poll. It's just not the official trophy anymore.

I don't really get the hate for the CFP trophy - I think it's killer. Modern and far less clunky than the Lombardi, for example.

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
We still get the crystal football - it's still awarded to the No. 1 team in the Coaches Poll. It's just not the official trophy anymore.

I don't really get the hate for the CFP trophy - I think it's killer. Modern and far less clunky than the Lombardi, for example.
I think the hate for the Playoff trophy has more to do with the reverence for The Coaches Trophy. It's been the symbol of a CFB Title for 30 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.