Updated most hated College Football teams by state map.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
No, the OSU got the most votes.

Notice how API seems to be the most unpopular, in its state. Not only that, but they seem to be the most hated (percentage-wise), in any state.

Coincidence? I think not.
Hey Aubarn wins another championship. They are the most hated team by percentage points that any other team in the Nation. Think we can make paper mache trophy for the fellows on the plains......

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Surely that is it, no way there can be that many GT fans. Not doubt all three ganged up on Georgia.
Remember in Atlanta which really makes up half of the state, there are LOTS of people there who are from out of state. You don't have to live there long to get annoyed at UGA football fans. They are just about as delusional as Auburn fans but there are LOT more of them.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Remember in Atlanta which really makes up half of the state, there are LOTS of people there who are from out of state. You don't have to live there long to get annoyed at UGA football fans. They are just about as delusional as Auburn fans but there are LOT more of them.
Ton of barn fans in the Metro Atlanta area also.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
just ask any of the Atlanta Tidefans.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Title of article on this topic from Auburn tool Birmingham News: "Is Alabama Most Hated Team in America?"

No, not even in Alabama.

Link

Last edited:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Title of article on this topic from Auburn tool Birmingham News: "Is Alabama Most Hated Team in America?"

No, not even in Alabama.
I noticed that title and gave them a big smile. I figure we are hated because all we have is t-shirt fans around the nation. No, it is because we have that "entitled" attitude. Uh, maybe it is because we are a bunch of cheaters. We need to get the REC on this.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Funny that ESPN did a "man on the street" interview spot in Atlanta for their NFL Game Day show. None of the people on the street they interviewed were Falcons fans. They we all fans of other pro teams.

Probably holds true for college football there as well.

Last edited:

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Funny that ESPN did a "man on the street" interview spot in Atlanta for their NFL Game Day show. None of the people on the street they interviewed were Falcons fans. They we all fans of other pro teams.

Probably hold true for college football there as well.
I live in the Atlanta metro area, UGA fans are like Aubarn fans, when they are winning they come out of the woodwork. When they loose they are no where to be found. I still get the we just ran out of time in the SEC championship game as an excuse for loosing. Well you had 60 minutes to win it in what more do you need is my response..... I will say this , I have inlaws that are Aubarn fans and although they are not as nasty as some Aubarn fans, I truly stay away from football talk because its one excuse after another and how is Alabama's fault because Saban buys players. Just my experience, not saying all Aubarn fans are that way.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I am in Atlanta a lot for work and don't encounter as much Georgia stuff as you might think.

I've never had a problem with UGA. They aren't a regular rival and they hate the barn as much as we do.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
:biggrin: UGA is the most hated team in Georgia.
Which is the case in several States. Kentucky in Kentucky, Virginia in Virginia, North Carolina in North Carolina. Now that you get the picture, I will just name the other States. South Carolina, Mississippi, Texas, and Arizona.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Which is the case in several States. Kentucky in Kentucky, Virginia in Virginia, North Carolina in North Carolina. Now that you get the picture, I will just name the other States. South Carolina, Mississippi, Texas, and Arizona.
I was surprised to see Auburn as the most hated team in Alabama. I expected it to be Alabama given how often you guys say that Alabama fans don't think about Auburn as much as they think about and hate Alabama. :wink:

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
I was surprised to see Auburn as the most hated team in Alabama. I expected it to be Alabama given how often you guys say that Alabama fans don't think about Auburn as much as they think about and hate Alabama. :wink:
Oh, we vote and we hate. I was surprised that ut wasn't #2 on the Alabama list. Would be #1 on my list. And you must be about the only tOSU fan in the country that is not hated.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.