Way TOO Early Bold Prediction

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
2011 deja vu all over again. Bama and LSU will be the top two teams, again. Winner of their game will go 13-0 and the loser 11-1, again. And there it ends. Winner will be in the CFP. Loser will NOT be in the CFP.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Let's look back at the BCS standing from 2011:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bcs/_/year/2011

I don't think there would be any question that LSU and Okla St would make it, and either Stanford or Oregon. So who are you going to put in besides those three over Alabama?
The odd team out of Stanford/Oregon? - Unlikely
Every other conference champ had 2+ losses. - remember that the next time someone says it should be conference champs only.

No, if we get 2011 all over again, Bama and LSU will certainly be in.

Last edited:

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Let's look back at the BCS standing from 2011:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bcs/_/year/2011

I don't think there would be any question that LSU and Okla St would make it, and either Stanford or Oregon. So who are you going to put in besides those three over Alabama?
The odd team out of Stanford/Oregon? - Unlikely
Every other conference champ had 3 losses. - remember that the next time someone says it should be conference champs only.

No, if we get 2011 all over again, Bama and LSU will certainly be in.
I said nothing about the other teams in 2011. However, even if 2016 is the same as 2011 in that regard, I wouldn't bet a dime on a non-conference champion making the CFP. Notre Dame, of course, the exception. And if they are in the mix in 2016, there is the answer to your question.

There have been eight teams selected so far in the two years. All eight have been conference champions. I will believe it when I see it on the non-conference champion being selected. That is why we have a CFP so you can throw your BCS stuff away.

Last edited:

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
2011 deja vu all over again. Bama and LSU will be the top two teams, again. Winner of their game will go 13-0 and the loser 11-1, again. And there it ends. Winner will be in the CFP. Loser will NOT be in the CFP.
My bold prediction.

This doesn't happen.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Read enough of your posts to know you like Phil Steele. I'm sure his list of the most returning starters for each team is playing into your reasoning.

LSU is ranked first in the SEC and FBS with 18 starters returning in 2016. Alabama, OTOH, has 11 starters returning. As we all know, Alabama rotates enough guys that losing a starter at one position (DL) isn't like losing a starter at another (OL).

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Read enough of your posts to know you like Phil Steele. I'm sure his list of the most returning starters for each team is playing into your reasoning.

LSU is ranked first in the SEC and FBS with 18 starters returning in 2016. Alabama, OTOH, has 11 starters returning. As we all know, Alabama rotates enough guys that losing a starter at one position (DL) isn't like losing a starter at another (OL).
That and the recruiting class they just had. Even if they didn't get a QB. He wouldn't have played this year anyway.

And Miles is still backed up against the ropes down there. I don't think he gets knocked out.

JustinT256

1st Team
Sep 21, 2015
Dayton, Ohio
Here's another bold one:

LSU beats Wisconsin by at least 4 TDs in Green Bay.

They are a 6 point favorite. It should be 6 TDs.
I don't think you're dumb. & I respect your opinion. But LSU won't win by that much. I think you're overrating them just a tad bit.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.