Question: Just curious - Did Demetris Robertson Get to Campus?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Rivals/TideSports has a premium article with an interview with his guardian and a headline of "Alabama is in his heart". This makes me think if his SAT does not get up to Stanford standards we have a good shot with him. We shall see.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Rivals/TideSports has a premium article with an interview with his guardian and a headline of "Alabama is in his heart".
Everything I read indicate that was the case all along. Which is one reason I was perplexed by people saying he wanted to go to Stanford, seems to me he didn't until his family got more involved in the recruiting process.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Everything I read indicate that was the case all along. Which is one reason I was perplexed by people saying he wanted to go to Stanford, seems to me he didn't until his family got more involved in the recruiting process.
The family is obviously why he is looking at Stanford and they are wanting him to look at all options that are available. There is nothing wrong with that as long as they don't make the decision for him. It is the job of the family to make sure a big decision a teenager makes is a good, researched and educated decision without influencing the decision IMO.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
UGA's 247 site reporting they will get the final official visit, which would indicate Stanford is out of the picture.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
UGA's 247 site reporting they will get the final official visit, which would indicate Stanford is out of the picture.
He said he wasn't visiting Stanford unless he got the required scores, then it would likely be an unofficial. I wouldn't read in to this.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He said he wasn't visiting Stanford unless he got the required scores, then it would likely be an unofficial. I wouldn't read in to this.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Thought he said he was saving his last OV open to use for Stanford if he made the score, but I see in a link from the previous thread his brother said the visit will be from an official or unofficial. If he wants to take that visit to Stanford, he's going to have to pay. Might play a factor in making the visit or not.

He won't know his SAT score until May...

UGA set to get final official from 5-star WR Demetris Robertson

The top remaining prospect in the 2016 class, Robertson has yet to sign an NLI, and it appears that the 6-foot, 175-pound athlete will not sign one at all. The deadline for signing and submitting an NLI is April 1, and as of now Robertson, in an attempt to gain admittance into Stanford, plans to re-take the SAT this weekend and wait for the results. According to his family, those results, because of the SAT format changing, will not be available until May. That would mean Robertson would instead sign a grant-in-aid package with the school of his choice, but since such paperwork is non-binding, he could ultimately enroll anywhere this fall.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
According to his brother, he signed a financial aid agreement.... With California?

Unsigned 5-star WR Demetris Robertson signs aid agreement with California

Class of 2016 five-star wide receiver Demetris Robertson has yet to sign a letter-of-intent, but over the weekend he signed a financial aid agreement with California, which puts him one step closer to ending his recruitment.

According to his brother and guardian Carlos Robertson, the move to sign the agreement now was to allow the Bears to have unlimited contact with Demetris Robertson going forward. However, Carlos said he doesn't expect the Bears coaches to make any more in-home visits and that it's possible Demetris might also sign an agreement with Georgia Tech.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I'm glad he didn't sign with Alabama because he seems really high maintenance. I don't think this has anything to do with him waiting on test scores to try to get into Stanford - I just think he likes the attention and this has become a game to him..

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
According to his brother, he signed a financial aid agreement.... With California?

Unsigned 5-star WR Demetris Robertson signs aid agreement with California

I don't like this a bit... I'm not talking about from Alabama perspective, but in general. I understand he's doing this to protect himself, but I feel like he's playing somewhat of a game with schools involved. I can understand ND, Georgia, Georgia TEch, etc.. but why California? I think this kid is indecisive and wasting peple time.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I had move on from this kid when he cancelled his previous trips to Tuscaloosa. he surprised me and many others by finally making his OV recently. part of me actually held out and hope he came to his senses and realize that Bama is a great place for him academically and athletically. now with this new development, I should have stay with my initial feelings.

it seems that the kid is doing everything he can not to play in the SEC or the South. there are great schools ranked higher in academics than Cal in the southern part of the country, ( Duke, Vandy) but he is bent on leaving the deep south.

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
I had move on from this kid when he cancelled his previous trips to Tuscaloosa. he surprised me and many others by finally making his OV recently. part of me actually held out and hope he came to his senses and realize that Bama is a great place for him academically and athletically. now with this new development, I should have stay with my initial feelings.

it seems that the kid is doing everything he can not to play in the SEC or the South. there are great schools ranked higher in academics than Cal in the southern part of the country, ( Duke, Vandy) but he is bent on leaving the deep south.
California is the place he wants to be. But Cal-Berkely is still among the country's best universities.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I agree about not wanting to play in the south and it appears he is infatuated with the state of California. Good luck to him following the Keenan Allen plan. He will catch a ton of balls in the Dykes offense but don't see him playing in a Rose Bowl or on a big stage either.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
I'm glad he didn't sign with Alabama because he seems really high maintenance. I don't think this has anything to do with him waiting on test scores to try to get into Stanford - I just think he likes the attention and this has become a game to him..
What attention? Outside of a couple of message board posts is anyone talking about him? I haven't seen any mention on ESPN, and all the recruiting services have moved on to the class of 2017. What attention are you talking about?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
This California news makes little sense after his brother said a few weeks ago "if it was solely football, he would be at Alabama."

No mention of Cal for over a month, and then he signs a financial aid agreement with them? What's the push to go to the opposite coast?

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
...Good luck to him following the Keenan Allen plan.
Where's his bro' transferring from, Kennesaw State or Savannah State? Seem to recall Keenan's 1-for-2 package deal at Cal came from University of Buffalo.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
What attention? Outside of a couple of message board posts is anyone talking about him? I haven't seen any mention on ESPN, and all the recruiting services have moved on to the class of 2017. What attention are you talking about?
Think bigger picture. The constant courting and attention that he's receiving from all of these universities and coaching staffs. That's why he's signed the financial aid agreement with 2 different schools so far - so the school doesn't have any contact restriction. He's had years to think about this and make a decision. If anyone still thinks this is about academia they are sadly mistaken..

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Instead, per his brother Michael, Robertson has signed financial aid agreements with California and Georgia Tech so far, allowing him to enroll at either program this fall. Robertson took an official visit to Cal in October, and one to Georgia Tech in late January. Alabama and Notre Dame have also had Robertson on campus for official visits, and Georgia is slated to get him in town for his fifth and final official visit March 18.
http://247sports.com/Bolt/Five-star-WR-Demetris-Robertson-signs-FAA-with-Cal-Georgia-Tech-44148677 Sounds like He signed with Georgia Tech as well.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.