Link: Trent Richardson Signs with Ravens (Update: Officially Has Signed)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: Trent Richardson Signs with Ravens (Update: Not Just Yet)

Just saw that as well. With TR the Ravens have 5 RBs in camp. Probably only 3 of them will make the 53 man roster. Hopefully TR is one of them..
I just talked about the running back on the other forum and I mentioned that the running backs combined together had 3 touchdowns for the year... not impressive at all. so I think Magee, Allen West and Talliaferro aren't a lock just yet.

A reminder: read the article again: http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2016/03/inside_trent_richardsons_rise.html

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

I just talked about the running back on the other forum and I mentioned that the running backs combined together had 3 touchdowns for the year... not impressive at all. so I think Magee, Allen West and Talliaferro aren't a lock just yet.

A reminder: read the article again: http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2016/03/inside_trent_richardsons_rise.html
Yep. That's the reason the Ravens signed TR. They aren't happy with the talent and production from their RBs ever since Ray Rice left the team. I'm just pointing out this isn't a team signing TR that only has 1 or 2 RBs on roster. If that were the case then TR would definitely make the 53 man roster. However, TR will have to continue to compete with the RBs on roster and any RBs they bring in through the draft, free agency and trade. I hope TR makes it I was just saying it's not a given just because the Ravens have signed him initially. If he indeed reported at 218 lbs that's a very good sign. When he was with the Colts he looked like he was pushing 235..

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
When I seen all 4 together all I could think of is "wow, Eddie lost a lot of weight" and "Trent looks like he's been with Eddie this summer".

Looks like he is taking this serious finally and hopefully. There is no way he gets another chance if he blows this one.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Picture of Mark, Trent, Eddie, and Henry tweeted by Ingram Saturday. Looks pretty obvious Trent has slimmed down.

When they make his postage stamp........fat Eddie, skinny Eddie? Maybe in between? Looking in shape! Derrick is going to be a stud. After watching some more film against the best, he will bust them in the NFL just like he did in the SEC.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
When they make his postage stamp........fat Eddie, skinny Eddie? Maybe in between? Looking in shape! Derrick is going to be a stud. After watching some more film against the best, he will bust them in the NFL just like he did in the SEC.
At this rate -- the evolution of the starting RB position at Alabama -- in 5 years, our starting RB will be 6'10" and weight 290 lbs....

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I'm still pulling hard for Trent. Would love to see him succeed.
n
I hope everyone does, Bama fan or not.......because he is a good kid. I would have liked to have seen Yeldon in the picture. I am going to make a print and spend the next few years getting the autographs. Going on the wall in the shrine.

At this rate -- the evolution of the starting RB position at Alabama -- in 5 years, our starting RB will be 6'10" and weight 290 lbs....

Last edited:

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
n
I hope everyone does, Bama fan or not.......because he is a good kid. I would have liked to have seen Yeldon in the picture. I am going to make a print and spend the next few years getting the autographs. Going on the wall in the shrine.

I was wondering if Yeldon was at the event or not - then when I looked closely at the print it is the "feature" back on the 4 NC teams.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
I was wondering if Yeldon was at the event or not - then when I looked closely at the print it is the "feature" back on the 4 NC teams.
Yup, kind of unfair to Yeldon. He was instrumental. Henry being the obvious exception, feature back is not an Alabama thing for the time period.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Just saw that as well. With TR the Ravens have 5 RBs in camp. Probably only 3 of them will make the 53 man roster. Hopefully TR is one of them..
After this weekend, things got a little harder for Trent. The Ravens drafted Kenneth Dixon and Keenan Reynolds as RBs. KR can be used as a utility guy most likely, but no one should expect Baltimore to keep 7 RBs on the active roster.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

After this weekend, things got a little harder for Trent. The Ravens drafted Kenneth Dixon and Keenan Reynolds as RBs. KR can be used as a utility guy most likely, but no one should expect Baltimore to keep 7 RBs on the active roster.
Yea I was thinking the same thing. Also, those 2 running backs they drafted in the 4th and 6th round will command a much smaller salary than the veteran minimum that they'll have to pay Trent. I bet they only keep 3 RBs on their 53 man roster so Trent has a chance but those factors are definitely working against him..

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Yea I was thinking the same thing. Also, those 2 running backs they drafted in the 4th and 6th round will command a much smaller salary than the veteran minimum that they'll have to pay Trent. I bet they only keep 3 RBs on their 53 man roster so Trent has a chance but those factors are definitely working against him..
Wait, will they most likely put the rookies on the practice squad....

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Wait, will they most likely put the rookies on the practice squad....
Rookie pay is much less than that of veterans. With Trent's well-documented struggles, he's got his worked cut out.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Kenneth Dixon won't be on the practice squad. The Ravens drafting Kenneth Dixon didn't do Trent any favors I can tell you that. This guy is good, very good. How this kid got out of El Dorado, AR (Razorback Territory) and to La Tech is beyond me.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Keenan Reynolds was drafted as WR, not RB. Reynolds stated that he was more comfortable at WR, than at the other positions beside QB. Then he has to deal with 5 year commitment to the Navy. We don't know how it'll work out. Every case for each player is different.

It's not just Trent that has to be concerned, but there are other running backs that will most likely be cut... so I still think Trent has good chance, and we'll see how it goes in the camp.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms

I was in El Dorado couple of weeks ago. People there are very proud of their incredible sports facilities, financed by Murphy Oil; which also bankrolls the El Dorado promise: If a kid goes through the public school system and is accepted by a college his college tuition is guaranteed to be paid. Off topic I know, just a sidenote.
Kenneth Dixon won't be on the practice squad. The Ravens drafting Kenneth Dixon didn't do Trent any favors I can tell you that. This guy is good, very good. How this kid got out of El Dorado, AR (Razorback Territory) and to La Tech is beyond me.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia

So is there some "minimum" veteran contract required for Trent or will he be able to negotiate so that cost won't be a big issue vs a rookie?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.