Link: Trent Richardson Signs with Ravens (Update: Officially Has Signed)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Trent Richardson Signs with Ravens (Update: Not Just Yet)

So is there some "minimum" veteran contract required for Trent or will he be able to negotiate so that cost won't be a big issue vs a rookie?
There's a minimum. Link

This was agreed during the last CBA negotiations.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

So is there some "minimum" veteran contract required for Trent or will he be able to negotiate so that cost won't be a big issue vs a rookie?
There's a minimum. Link

This was agreed during the last CBA negotiations.
So the Ravens could probably keep Dixon and Reynolds for less than what they'll have to pay Trent. Even if he doesn't make it Baltimore this could still be a good thing. Remember when Rolando McClain was trying to make a comeback Baltimore brought him in and gave him a chance to make the team. He didn't make the Ravens but there was a lot of good talk about Rolando which enabled him to get a shot with the Cowboys. He's now on his second contract with the Cowboys. Trent just needs to stay in tip top shape and continue to give optimal effort..

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Jamison Hensley ESPN Staff Writer

There were 17 players not present at Ravens' voluntary OTA on Thursday, including QB Joe Flacco (knee), LB Terrell Suggs (Achilles), WR Steve Smith (Achilles), CB Jimmy Smith (Achilles), OT Eugene Monroe (shoulder), RB Trent Richardson, LB C.J. Mosley and G Marshal Yanda.

Weird that Richardson isn't there.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

Weird that Richardson isn't there.
Yeah, I'm not sure why he'd skip that. Trent has to take the approach of a guy who is signed on the practice squad that wants to get a spot on the roster. He can't really behave like he's some veteran with nothing to prove.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Yeah but he contributed greatly to our 2012 run. That gutsy run on 3rd and 5 against UGA saved our season IMO.
I suppose it's a good problem to have.

We can't fit all our championship running backs in the picture! Oh well, Yeldon wasn't technically the starter, he can go.
Yeah, but he rushed for 1,108 yards, 12 TDs, and a 6.1 YPC in 2012.
Well, Lacy rushed for 1,322, 17 TDs, and a 6.5 YPC.

Alabama has both had some fantastic running backs and fantastic production from the position.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
If he had hamstring issues conditioning would be an issue. It's also fairly routine for guys in the league to fail conditioning tests too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't want to rehash everything that's already been discussed in the thread regarding TR's lack of conditioning and being in shape. Bottom line is TR has not been in proper shape and conditioning for the past 2-3 years by all reputable accounts and by TR's admission as well. That's just unacceptable for a professional athlete which is what Harbaugh was eluding to..

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I remember a few years ago that quite a few well known Ravens failed their tests the first go 'round. It was hinted his was the hardest in the league but still had to be within the union guidelines I think. I think if he was out of shape and sloppy they would have never signed him.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Trent Richardson: 'I can't let it go to waste. I've done that too many years'

Richardson told Garrett Downing of BaltimoreRavens.com, the team's official web site, that this time around in the NFL he had the focus on his football career after shedding himself of hangers-on and people with their hands out.

"Me carrying a lot of people with me, it gets heavy," Richardson said. "Taking care of everybody else and doing a lot for everybody else was slowing me down. It wasn't me being me."

Richardson also told Downing that he'd learned he couldn't rely solely on his natural gifts in the NFL.

"Football has never been a problem," Richardson said. "Even my trainer said, 'You never had to really put that much into it when you were at Alabama. You were just better than everybody as a freshman. ... I'd have to say this is the first time I had to put everything into it. I put in all this work, and I can't let it go to waste. I've done that too many years."

Richardson said the Ravens agreed to give him an opportunity if he could get his weight down to 225 pounds. He said he reported for the offseason program weighing 215.

But then a hamstring problem sidelined him for the first week of OTAs. That prompted Baltimore coach John Harbaugh to tell reporters: "Trent just needs to get healthy. I think the workload and the amount of work it takes to be a world-class-conditioned athlete is something that he's working on right now, and that's what he needs to understand and that's where he needs to get himself. And when he gets himself there, he's got talent. I'm very certain he'll get there, and when he does, we'll be able to evaluate him."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.