Blog: Latest Bama News 2/29/2016 Thru 3/3/2016

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
A little redux:

Spring position battle preview for Alabama football: Quarterback-bol-rbr
Here’s the thing about Cornwell: he’s really a contender. But he’s sometimes the forgotten runner in a three-man race because of his disappearing act from last season’s battle. The Oklahoma native will look to reclaim his spot in the pecking order this spring. And he has all the tools to do just that. At 6-foot-5, 221 pounds, he gives offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin the prototypical size for the position as well as a more-than adequate arm to deliver the ball to Alabama’s myriad of receivers down the field.
Alabama Spring Football Preview: Running Backs
"If Bo wants to do it, I think Bo has a chance to be like Derrick Henry, and that's winning the Heisman and everything," tight end O.J. Howard told BamaOnline.com‘s Charlie Potter in December. "And I think Bo will. I think Bo will figure it out."
Already built like an NFL back, the 6-foot-2, 235-pound Scarbrough has the ability to plow through defenders or use his surprising speed to race around them. An iffy right knee (he tore an ACL last spring) is perhaps the only potential roadblock.
Harris, a 5-foot-11, 205-pound sophomore, will provide the primary competition in spring camp.
rbr opSpring football is about a month away, so pace yourselves. That said, this is the first time in the Saban era that both positions are up in the air going into a season. Alabama has done it without a great QB before, but the running game has always been stout. Of course, Kiffin seems to be itching to run a full-on West Coast offense that is almsot fully driven by the QB, and has shown the ability to squeeze performance out of anyone he chooses. Which position battle to you find to be more important to the Tide this season? Answer the poll and give us your thoughts.
That's about it for today, folks. Look for Roger's baseball recap and more basketball coverage later today.
Roll Tide.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.