Idaho and N Mexico St voted out of Sun Belt after 2017

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
ouch. getting kicked out of the sun Belt is like getting kicked out of the sewer because you smell bad.
Haha. I wonder if this is a UAB stunt? When I deleted UAB (and their data) from all my stat tables I paused for a few seconds thinking, "I wonder if this is for real or some kind of stunt?" I rejected the thought and now I am having to begin adding all that crap back in. I am not deleteing anything else until it comes to pass. In 2019 I may erase N Mex St and idaho.

ps I hate UAB all the more now because their ineptitude/stupidity is causing me a lot of extra work.

Last edited:

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I didnt even realize those schools were in the Sun Belt. That is some serious travel costs for them and the other schools in the Sun Belt. Long way from FIU, Troy, and others to those campuses. Im sure their schedules are structured in various sports to keep them from traveling it much. It's a win for the Sun Belt schools in the southeast which is where most of them are located.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Yeah, probably because no amount of money could................

I'll stop now, before I offend the easily offended.

We now return to our regular programming.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
It isn't totally accurate to say they were kicked out of the Sun Belt. Here is what happened.

After the last round of conference moves, Idaho and NMSU were the last two football teams left in the WAC. They were independents in 2013 and signed a four year deal with the Sun Belt starting in 2014. The league had to decide this year whether to renew the contract and chose not to. So while they are getting rid of them, it was more a case of not wanting to continue the arrangement after the contract ends.

Idaho will likely drop down to the FCS and join the Big Sky for football, where all their other sports are. NMSU is still in the WAC for their other sports and isn't sure what they will do other than pray the MWC throws them a lifeline.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.