Breaking down Alabama linebackers ahead of spring practice

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Click here:

Departed:
— inside linebacker Reggie Ragland (team-high 102 tackles, 2.5 sacks, two forced fumbles)
— outside linebacker Dillon Lee (six starts, 27 tackles, one sack, two interceptions)
— outside linebacker Denzel Devall (15 starts, 25 tackles, five stops for a loss)
Projected spring depth chart:
ILB1: Senior Reuben Foster (73 tackles, eight stops for a loss, two sacks)
ILB2: Junior Shaun Dion Hamilton (five starts, 27 tackles)
OLB1: Redshirt senior Ryan Anderson (37 tackles, 11.5 stops for a loss, six sacks, two forced fumbles)
OLB2: Senior Tim Williams (19 tackles, 10.5 sacks)
New in spring: Outside linebacker Christian Bell
Arriving in the fall: Five-star freshmen Ben Davis, Lyndell Wilson and Terrell Hall
I thought it would be great time to discuss the depth for the ILB and OLB position this upcoming spring and what we think the depth chart would probably look like in nickel and dime formation. This is intriguing because many thinks that Wilson or Davis would get some playing time this fall.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
All I know is I hope that Rashaan Evans sees the field. A lot. This could be his last year at Bama and he hasn't played very often so far..

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
All I know is I hope that Rashaan Evans sees the field. A lot. This could be his last year at Bama and he hasn't played very often so far..
Very good point. I don't think it would be his last year. Ryan leaves after this year, and he could grab one of the spot available. Dillon Lee and Devall is gone. I think He'll see more playing time and should be okay.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I think he will stay four years. He needs to bulk up some to take on the tackles better. He is quick as a cat, but if they get their hands on him his head and upper body seems to snap backwards because of his size.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
We are bringing in 3 5* at LB in Davis, Wilson and Hall. Hall looks like a Clowney clone at times in the highlight tape but lots of depth where he is projected to play. I think Davis has the best chance to play significantly. I am interested to see what Adonis Thomas does at ILB also.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.