Back Away from the Edge -- Recruiting Thoughts

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I'll give you the short form version.

Nick Saban has made it perfectly clear that even after coaching he wants a roll within football.

Bill Battle was hired as a short term AD, or at least that was the plan discussed after Mal passed. If you've noticed there's been ZERO talk of a replacement, a search for a replacement, or any inkling that Battle is going anywhere.

Two and two leads me to believe that CNS will move in to the role of AD when he's ready to stop recruiting (we all know it's not coaching that runs guys off these days, it's recruiting ).

At that time not only will he be able to pick a succesor, he can be an ambassador for the University in all sports.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
You very well could be right. I'd be down with that..

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

Nick Saban has made it perfectly clear that even after coaching he wants a roll within football.

Bill Battle was hired as a short term AD, or at least that was the plan discussed after Mal passed. If you've noticed there's been ZERO talk of a replacement, a search for a replacement, or any inkling that Battle is going anywhere.

Two and two leads me to believe that CNS will move in to the role of AD when he's ready to stop recruiting (we all know it's not coaching that runs guys off these days, it's recruiting ).

At that time not only will he be able to pick a succesor, he can be an ambassador for the University in all sports.

Very possible...I just wonder how long BB wants to stay as AD. Who knows?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
No one even hinted that all fans are on the ledge...but there was an awful lot of sky is falling mentality.
There may have been 1 or 2 but that is not an awful lot. We, Tidefans posters, know we are going to lose some but we also know we are going to finish #1 most likely so the name of your thread is really bad. A better title name may have been "We had a bad week but I know it will get better really soon".

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Hope you're right. I also think Saban could make the transition a lot easier on whoever his successor is...especially if Saban played an active role in choosing him.

I always thought Perkins got a huge bad break when Bryant died so early in his tenure. Perkins was a fine Xs and Os coach. But PR was not his strong suit. Had he lived, Bryant could have smoothed out some of that, and would have been one of the few people Perkins would have listened to, and accepted coaching from.

But Bryand died less than a month after coaching his last game, Perkins won respect as a coach , but never really won the affection of the fan base. When he left for Tampa Bay, the dark years started, and only 1991-4 under Stallings made it remotely bearable.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I see no reason to speculate on what will happen AFTER Saban steps down when we have no reason to believe that will be in the near future. We are in the middle of a history making run that will be spoken of in reverent tones for the next generation. ENJOY!!!

Back to recruiting. I do believe the public perception is that some recruiting cracks have shown in the wall but I believe these are temporary cracks. When coach Pruitt was here before he was a formidable recruiter and the players loved playing for him. Is he intense? oh yes, can he rub people the wrong way, obviously, does Saban care? Are you kidding me? Saban has made a career rubbing people the wrong way and beating the brakes off his competition.

I believe the recruiting momentum will show up next Singing day where we will see that Pruitt will bring in the big fish. As for losing a QB recruit I'd be more worried if we didn't have several young QB's on the roster and for that matter two of our four NT's came with three star guys under center.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
The kid from Georgia decommitting and now going with Georgia would have been like Brodie Croyle having committed to FSU only to later decommit and switch over to his home state school he really loved.

Things will ebb and flow with recruiting, especially when you are as loaded as we are and spots for early pt are rare.

As others have said, sit back and enjoy the ride of a lifetime!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
The kid from Georgia decommitting and now going with Georgia would have been like Brodie Croyle having committed to FSU only to later decommit and switch over to his home state school he really loved.

Things will ebb and flow with recruiting, especially when you are as loaded as we are and spots for early pt are rare.

As others have said, sit back and enjoy the ride of a lifetime!
Yes indeed. Frankly, I`m more than a little surprised that we`ve continued to have the level of success that we`ve seen. Speaks volumes for the quality of the coaching staff, apparent involvement of the academic faculty, and just the general ambiance of the entire university. I think it`s safe to say that Coach Saban has made everybody ( players, athletic staff, faculty, fans , students ) a part of the "Process" and the team. What`s more, he expects everyone to play their respective roles in achieving success. Personally, I`ve never seen anything quite like it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.