Game Thread: Alabama at Georgia

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I realize you are trying to bring some positive prospective to the season and I can appreciate that. But finishing as the 10 seed for the SEC tourney in a year when the SEC is truly awful ( and the league is awful) can hardly be categorized as being great.
Have you seen this team? Have you seen the shambles it was left in? AJ has had to tear them down, build them back the way he envisions, and coach fundamentals all the while beating the projections by three places. You say the SEC is crap, but what about the non conference wins? This team got tired, it always happens with a coaching change and a serious lack of depth. We had one consistent scorer and players that played at 110% of their potential for most of the year. It had to end at some point, it could've been much earlier in the year.

This year has been great by any reasonable judge of expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Georgia out rebounded us by 22! We did finish ahead of 13th place we were projected in at preseason.

Wouldn't call it a great season by any stretch.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Some of guys need to get a grip on reality and some sort of perspective of what a great year for Alabama basketball this has been. And that's all I've got to say about that!

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A8-50F using Tapatalk
I think Avery did the best coaching job in the SEC. At the beginning of the season I felt pretty good. Then, after Ingram's injury I thought we were in dire trouble. Somehow Coach Avery pulled these kids together and far far exceeded my expectations. I never thought we had a prayer to win 17 games. It was indeed a great season when you look at all the variables.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Have watched every game that was on television and have attended 3 games in Tuscaloosa. Avery has done all he could do with the talent on hand-I agree with that. And I respect and appreciate what he has done. but let's not overstate the non-conference wins.We beat Wichita St without their all american point guard even playing one minute. Clemson will not make the NCAA tourney and Notre Dame is middle of the pack ACC team. But "great" is not a word that I would describe this season. And yes- the SEC is historically bad right now. The NCAA tourney will further solidify that point.
Have you seen this team? Have you seen the shambles it was left in? AJ has had to tear them down, build them back the way he envisions, and coach fundamentals all the while beating the projections by three places. You say the SEC is crap, but what about the non conference wins? This team got tired, it always happens with a coaching change and a serious lack of depth. We had one consistent scorer and players that played at 110% of their potential for most of the year. It had to end at some point, it could've been much earlier in the year.

This year has been great by any reasonable judge of expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Have watched every game that was on television and have attended 3 games in Tuscaloosa. Avery has done all he could do with the talent on hand-I agree with that. And I respect and appreciate what he has done. but let's not overstate the non-conference wins.We beat Wichita St without their all american point guard even playing one minute. Clemson will not make the NCAA tourney and Notre Dame is middle of the pack ACC team. But "great" is not a word that I would describe this season. And yes- the SEC is historically bad right now. The NCAA tourney will further solidify that point.
I may be wrong, but I have a feeling that in a few weeks the SEC is going to look more like a league of incredible parity rather than being a weak league.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Alabama played over half the season without its best player and starting point guard, so I don't really care about Wichita State being without their PG or Clemson and Notre Dame not living up to the hype.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I very disappointed in our play the last 5 games or so, but the fact remains we are on the right tract. Coach Johnson has succeeded in making us competitive and if you look at the roster has done nothing short of a miraculous job. We have very little on the inside and he masked that well during our win streak. But we simply have no inside presence we can count on game in, game out. You have to be able to shoot from the outside if you do have any serious production from the inside to open up the 3 point line and the other teams have figured that out. They play zone and we just can't shoot the ball well enough to win.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.