Blog: Latest Bama News 3/7/2016 Thru 3/10/2016

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
Alabama Football Hosts Annual Pro Day for NFL Personnel - ROLLTIDE.COM - University of Alabama Official Athletic Site-rbr

On Jake Coker not being invited to the Combine and his outlook as an NFL quarterback: "I think Jake has a lot of upside. Jake only has one year where he played and was really `the man'. I think the reason Jake didn't get invited to the combine wasn't because of Jake; I think it's because there were 97 juniors that came out. I think that's an issue and a problem that we need to address with the NFL, because it's unfair to some of the seniors that all those guys get invited, and some of them aren't ranked as highly as the seniors who they know more about. I think Jake is going to do just fine. He is going to need to continue to develop. He's got a great arm that can make all the throws. For his size, he's very athletic, and I think people are going to like that."
rbr op
Nick Saban wasn't the only one who thinks Coker can develop into a pro. Following Coker's workout yesterday, a few scouts moved Coker into 6th or 7th round. You can't coach that size.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Henry, other Tide prospects take field on pro day | College Football-rbr
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — Derrick Henry spent much of Alabama's pro day as a spectator, even breaking out his phone to time teammates on at least one drill. At the end, the Crimson Tide's Heisman Trophy-winning tailback took on another unfamiliar role: Lining up wide to run routes downfield and catch balls from quarterback Jake Coker. With dozens of NFL scouts, executives and coaches watching, the 6-foot-3, 243-pounder aimed to show he's more than a between-the-tackles running back.
Henry spent yesterday almost exclusively lining up outside and catching passes. The unknown for Henry is whether he can be an every down player in a pass-happy NFL. Gil Brandt, among others, loved what they saw from Derrick's hands.When asked if Henry needed a special offense or a certain fit to be successful, he said "all I need is a line." And, it won't even have to be a particularly good one, either
. rbr op

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Derrick Henry shows off receiving skills at Alabama's pro day - NFL.com-rbr
Defensive tackle Jarran Reed -- 6-3 1/2, 310 -- had an outstanding workout. He's competitive, strong, flexible and can change directions. The only thing that makes Reed wonder about him a bit is that he only had one sack last season. Still, Reed will be a first-round draft pick and play in the NFL for a long time.
rbr opMayock moved Reed into his top-5 DL alongside A'Shawn Robinson. Other Alabama players that only helped themselves yesterday included Cyrus Jones, Ryan Kelly (who has been the buzz post-combine,) Dillon Lee, Jake Coker, and DJ Pettway -- many teams want the latter to shed some pounds and play the outside consistently instead of lining up on the DL. All-in-all, it was a very good showing by Tide players. Bradley Sylve obviously was out, as was Kenyan Drake, who was still healing up from various wounds and injuries.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.