Link: ESPN: The weakest position group for each top 25 team

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Obviously everything could be an argument, but this seems like a fairly reasoned list to me.

They are right about Bama's. A lot unproven there. Just thanking God they didn't say anything about the secondary. I can't stand hearing about that anymore.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Running back is probably the best place to have a weakest position group. I think it's a bit easier to bring an inexperienced running back up to speed vs a left tackle, wide receiver, cornerback etc. Bo and Harris don't have a ton of game experience but they've both been in the program for at least a year now so I think they'll be fine..

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Running back is probably the best place to have a weakest position group. I think it's a bit easier to bring an inexperienced running back up to speed vs a left tackle, wide receiver, cornerback etc. Bo and Harris don't have a ton of game experience but they've both been in the program for at least a year now so I think they'll be fine..
Additionally, this seems like a year where Kiffin gets to exercise his passing demons. May not be a need to lean as heavily as the RB's.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
RB from an outsiders view is a reasonable statement. If Bo and Damien are as good as advertised we will be OK. Last year we only had 2 returning starters on offense and we know where we finished.

Last edited:

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
If Bo stays healthy I don't think this will be a weakness at all!
As someone who doesn't overly fawn over players, and doesn't look at everything through Crimson glasses I will tell you this.

Bo has the athletic ability to realistically be an All American type player at ANY skill position on offense. Not only do I think he'll be a great runner, he has as good of hands as any of our WR's, and runs routes more fluidly than arguably anyone at Alabama since Amari Cooper.

As long as the mental aspect has taken hold, he will be a HUGE asset both via hand-off and reception.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I am surprised Tennessee's was tight end. I would have gone with coaching as the weakest position group on that team.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Cool video of Scarbrough --

If Kiffin wants, he could do like he has in the past and have Bo split out wide, go hurry-up and bring Bo to the backfield. The only difference with Bo compared to previous times Bama has done that? Bo is a legit WR.

Imagine a formation of a combination of Raheem Falkins (6'4), Cam Sims (6'5), Derek Kief (6'4), Calvin Ridley (6'1), Ardarius Stewart (6'1), or Robert Foster (6'2) at WR, OJ Howard (6'6) at TE with Bo (6'3) at RB. Bama could realistically go hurry-up and have four wide or five wide if it wanted. Good luck stopping that unless you have a secondary full of 6'3 or 6'4 guys.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
If Kiffin wants, he could do like he has in the past and have Bo split out wide, go hurry-up and bring Bo to the backfield. The only difference with Bo compared to previous times Bama has done that? Bo is a legit WR.

Imagine a formation of a combination of Raheem Falkins (6'4), Cam Sims (6'5), Derek Kief (6'4), Calvin Ridley (6'1), Ardarius Stewart (6'1), or Robert Foster (6'2) at WR, OJ Howard (6'6) at TE with Bo (6'3) at RB. Bama could realistically go hurry-up and have four wide or five wide if it wanted. Good luck stopping that unless you have a secondary full of 6'3 or 6'4 guys.
There'd certainly always be someone available. When you get tired of that then you can go pistol and punch them in the throat.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

It is March. This makes me want to rush my life away to see this. I think I will just enjoy the possibilities of this though while I wait for September to get here.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Perhaps my Crimson colored glasses are impacting my perception, but I feel pretty good about Bo and Damien. Given that we've been pretty good at plugging in RBs without losing much production, I don't see RB as the biggest weakness (testament to Coach Burns).

I'd probably go with quarterback. There is just something about the possibility of a freshman or sophomore with no game experience starting the season that makes me uneasy. Hopefully my mind is put more at ease after spring practice.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
The biggest question about Bo is staying healthy. IIRC, he had a major injury in high school and then again his first year of college. If he stays healthy the running back position will be a strength..

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Oh to be a Bama QB!!!

Perhaps my Crimson colored glasses are impacting my perception, but I feel pretty good about Bo and Damien. Given that we've been pretty good at plugging in RBs without losing much production, I don't see RB as the biggest weakness (testament to Coach Burns).

I'd probably go with quarterback. There is just something about the possibility of a freshman or sophomore with no game experience starting the season that makes me uneasy. Hopefully my mind is put more at ease after spring practice.
I honestly think we are in better shape right now than the beginning of the last two spring breaks, and this in no way is a shot at Sims or Coker, it's just I think the QB position will become more and more of a weapon than we've ever seen.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.