Alabama offers two QB's

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Would appear that perhaps we`re running out of options, at least those considered " top tier" for `17. Is it at all possible that we skip a year at QB ?
Probably not. There are lots of them out there...:cool2:

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Would appear that perhaps we`re running out of options, at least those considered " top tier" for `17. Is it at all possible that we skip a year at QB ?
Even if we miss on all the "top tier" guys, don't be surprised if we take a flyer on a "late riser".

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Even if we miss on all the "top tier" guys, don't be surprised if we take a flyer on a "late riser".

Agreed. Also, nobody has signed anything yet so all these high profile commits are still targets. It's not over yet.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Agreed. Also, nobody has signed anything yet so all these high profile commits are still targets. It's not over yet.
Especially in today's climate. Recruits are truly open until they sign. Even guys actively recruiting for you can be swayed.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
It's probably going to be difficult to sign an elite QB in this class considering we have 2 highly touted freshman QBs on the roster in Hurts and Barnett. If a QB in the 2017 class signs with Alabama he's most likely looking at waiting at least 3 years. Most highly ranked QBs want to go somewhere and compete or start sooner rather than later..

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
The Bentley thing is bizarre. Missing your senior year of HS just does not seem right but good luck to him.
Does USCe have a returning QB this season? If not maybe Muschamp encouraged him to enroll early. I've never heard of a player doing this but if his academics are in order why not?

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
Tua looks like the real deal. Fast, very quick release, accurate, and sounds like a good young man. Hope we get him. Whoever gets him will have a big time QB.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
VIP BOL piece...

Looking at Tide targets: Quarterback

Tua visited Alabama twice in the last week, and UA may have leaped USC as the favorite.

Two guys committed elsewhere worth watching: Kentucky commit Mac Jones and TAMU commit Tate Martell.

Jacob Free from Brantley is one to keep in the back of your mind as a fall back. He's 6'5, 200 pounds.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Desire to dream big could land nation’s No. 2 dual-threat QB, his family in SEC country

The four-star prospect is planning on making a commitment to his school of choice this July, but if a decision was to be made today, his father thinks Alabama would have its quarterback in the Class of 2017.

“If it was made today, just with what has happened this week, it would be Alabama,” Galu said. “Again, because of the relationship we built with them. Our relationship with Alabama has kept growing. This is just my opinion but it would be Alabama.”

Of course, many prospects, and even their family members, make bold proclamations about the schools they just visited when emotions are running high after an exciting experience.

However, the Tagovailoa family appears to be quite serious about the prospect of their son leaving Hawaii for the faraway SEC.

Tua’s father and mother, Diane, told SEC Country that they’ve had conversations about potentially moving to, or at least near, whichever locale their son chooses.

“We have talked about a lot of those things, even if he was staying on the West Coast,” Galu Tagovailoa said. “I have kind of looked at some jobs on the West Coast in my field. We also needed to consider that we needed to look at jobs in Mobile or in that area. That was one of the biggest reasons why we took this trip as a family. When it comes down to making a decision like this, it’s a family decision.”

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.