Alabama offers two QB's

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
You'd think a kid growing up in Opelika, and that close to the University of Auburn would have been a long-term fan and dreamt of playing for them. Maybe he's just smarter than most.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
You'd think a kid growing up in Opelika, and that close to the University of Auburn would have been a long-term fan and dreamt of playing for them. Maybe he's just smarter than most.
He's not grown up in Opelika his entire life. His dad coached at Auburn last year and followed Muschamp to South Carolina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I know Jambama stated earlier that he was off the radar for Bama, but I mentioned in the Jake Fromm thread that the BOL staff had him as one of our top targets. this latest news just reaffirm it.
With one of our targets being from Hawaii and the other having a father as a coach at another SEC school I think Hockman is a prime candidate now.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
I know Jambama stated earlier that he was off the radar for Bama, but I mentioned in the Jake Fromm thread that the BOL staff had him as one of our top targets. this latest news just reaffirm it.
This is my opinion but they are extending camp offers and won't take a commitment unless they come to camp

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Opelika is not as pro-boog as you'd think. Opelika has always been more of a blue collar town, compared to Auburn, whom many place themselves as being "above" the folks from Opelika. There are a lot Bama fans in Opelika because of this. Opelika has traditionally mopped the floor with Auburn's high school team also, so there is some divide between them there too.

mikelove

Scout Team
Oct 4, 2014
Opelika is not as pro-boog as you'd think. Opelika has always been more of a blue collar town, compared to Auburn, whom many place themselves as being "above" the folks from Opelika. There are a lot Bama fans in Opelika because of this. Opelika has traditionally mopped the floor with Auburn's high school team also, so there is some divide between them there too.
Oh yeah I live in opelika and it's serious business when they play each other. Fights in the stands. Last season I think someone pulled a gun.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Oh yeah I live in opelika and it's serious business when they play each other. Fights in the stands. Last season I think someone pulled a gun.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
IIRC, that was from a fight outside the stadium, but police wanted to make sure things didn't get crazy inside the stadium and locked it down for a few minutes to clear everything.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.