Link: Rolando McClain another year in Dallas, 5 $mill

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Ro has always been an outstanding talent as long as he can stay away from his hometown and keep it between the lines off the field. I'm really glad for him.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Rolando needs to have structure and people that believe in him, and Jerry has done that. They are not winning big, but the players are usually happy. $5 mil is nothing to sneeze about.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
He needs to live on nothing and bank the rest. IMHO... just in case
Agree. I cannot fully understand the pressure of a player tha comes into money that is surrounded by those that have nothing. They are nearly better off in their 20's, to have trusted power of attorney, but the key is trusted. To tell leaches "sorry, but you will have to talk to.....". I would think that many give away much of their first contract out of guilt, and other psychological reason's.

I hope Ro puts this money away. He was a favorite of mine from that first Iron Bowl, I think as a freshman, where he was giving 110% at the end of the game and everyone else was just watching the clock wind down. I wish him the best always.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Agree. I cannot fully understand the pressure of a player tha comes into money that is surrounded by those that have nothing. They are nearly better off in their 20's, to have trusted power of attorney, but the key is trusted. To tell leaches "sorry, but you will have to talk to.....". I would think that many give away much of their first contract out of guilt, and other psychological reason's.

I hope Ro puts this money away. He was a favorite of mine from that first Iron Bowl, I think as a freshman, where he was giving 110% at the end of the game and everyone else was just watching the clock wind down. I wish him the best always.
Ken Darby has sued his "trusted advisor" for the two million he embezzled from him...

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Ken Darby has sued his "trusted advisor" for the two million he embezzled from him...
I did not know that but I did emphasize "trusted". Maybe I am living in a utopia on this matter, but I have read a lot of horror stories and a majority would be better off, possible or not, with a middle man. It all goes back to having a solid trusting family, which has broken down. So it is hard to find a trusting P.A for most I would think

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'm happy for him but he'll never even sniff a Super Bowl ring as long as Tony Romo and Jerry Jones are associated with the franchise.
Pretty sure he could sniff one of the ones Jerry wears from winning three SBs in the 90's, but I could be completely wrong.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Pretty sure he could sniff one of the ones Jerry wears from winning three SBs in the 90's, but I could be completely wrong.
Lol, yes he can, and many. With me it's not about championships with Ro, but becoming the player he could be in the NFL. He is better off in a loyal, forgiving, proud organization over some of the ones closer to a championshipS. He is in the right place, and I thank Jerry for believing in Ro. He did a lot of stupid things, but none that will stain him for life.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.