Florida Suspends Harris and Callaway

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The link to the source isn't working.
He didn't provide a link.

Gators suspend Treon Harris, Antonio Callaway; no reason given

Florida will open spring practice with two key offensive players suspended indefinitely.

Quarterback Treon Harris and wide receiver Antonio Callaway have been away from the team since January, coach Jim McElwain said Tuesday, and the Gators are not saying why they are suspended.

It's also unclear whether they are being punished by the university or the football program.

School officials confirmed Tuesday that Harris and Callaway are enrolled in classes for the spring semester, but McElwain said there's no timetable for their return.

The Gators open spring practice Wednesday.

"We're without a couple of guys who haven't been with our team since January in Treon and Antonio,'' McElwain said. "They're still doing some school work and that kind of stuff. But they haven't been with us since January, and they won't be with us as we're rolling, so you won't see those guys out there at practice. Guys, that'll be the last that we talk about that.''

McElwain was pressed for more information several times, responding each time with, "That will be the last we talk about it.''

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Harris should be suspended for just being plain awful lol, he can't run or pass. I believe his tenure is coming to a close if coupled with off the field issue's. My prediction is Del Rio, unless he transfers again!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
As far as i know this is something internal - not some legal problem. Could be grades or something related to school stuff.

Treon will not be at QB position this coming season - which shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. Like you said Sabanizer...it will likely be LDR but we also have 3 other quality players at the position.

Callaway will return as a starter and be a huge factor in helping Florida this coming season. IMHO, he's so good missing spring practice won't make any difference.

I do enjoy CJM's approach to maintaining discipline and also keeping the media at bay.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I do enjoy CJM's approach to maintaining discipline and also keeping the media at bay.
Yes, and he set that tone from the beginning, always a step ahead of the questions, and answering the way he wanted, not necessarily them. One of the most impressive introduction conferences I have ever seen.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.