Spring Practice Thread (Interviews, Press Conferences, Practice Reports)

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
While reading the roster for white, I thought, wow, white is gonna win for sure. Then, while reading the roster for crimson, I thought not so fast.

So, what is your prediction for the "game"? I'll go with steak for white on a pick 6.
I love going to A-Day and would strongly encourage anyone who can, to do so (and it's a great game to bring kids to). But I can honestly say I can't remember who has won any of these games, heh.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I kind of get the impression that the starting O line is pretty much decided. I personally think that`s a good thing if accurate. The more time those guys have to line up side by side the better. Anybody else share these feelings (or not)?

JustinT256

1st Team
Sep 21, 2015
Dayton, Ohio
I kind of get the impression that the starting O line is pretty much decided. I personally think that`s a good thing if accurate. The more time those guys have to line up side by side the better. Anybody else share these feelings (or not)?
I think the coaches have an idea as to who the best 5 are, but I don't think they've quite figured out exactly where those 5 will play.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
CR, LC, RP, BK, and JW as OL starters will be outstanding. Many thought Shank and Baldwin would start, but these younger guys seems to have surpassed them.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I agree. Lester Cotton will end up starting somewhere too.
Agreed. I think Cotton stays at LG and starts.

We have a very special player in Jonah Williams who will be our starting RT and our LT in waiting after Cam leaves at the end of this year. The guy should be at his HS senior prom, but instead has been on campus for 4 months, been through 14 practices and is on the starting OL. We were all wanting Greg Little in recruiting but it looks like we got us a better stud in Williams.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I think the coaches have an idea as to who the best 5 are, but I don't think they've quite figured out exactly where those 5 will play.
I think we know the best 6: the 5 a-day starters and then CamRob. Kirven and the freshman will fight it out for RT I think. Center is locked, and the guards could also be unless there's a HUGE push from shank to get his job back.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Agreed. I think Cotton stays at LG and starts.

We have a very special player in Jonah Williams who will be our starting RT and our LT in waiting after Cam leaves at the end of this year. The guy should be at his HS senior prom, but instead has been on campus for 4 months, been through 14 practices and is on the starting OL. We were all wanting Greg Little in recruiting but it looks like we got us a better stud in Williams.
His high school tape is awesome. Seems very athletic and is absolutely crushing people.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
CR, LC, RP, BK, and JW as OL starters will be outstanding. Many thought Shank and Baldwin would start, but these younger guys seems to have surpassed them.
Apparently Baldwin's learning curve is a little longer than anticipated. Of course that doesn't mean he won't get better but I don't think CNS planned on a juco needing as much work as he does.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Apparently Baldwin's learning curve is a little longer than anticipated. Of course that doesn't mean he won't get better but I don't think CNS planned on a juco needing as much work as he does.
I agree 100% with ya..Even if Baldwin doesn't win a starting job this season, his presence in practice & kinda talent in the rotation, only pushes anyone in front to push their level of play to its absolute best..

The rest of the nation moans & groans about us signing all these studs that doesn't play right away & would start for their team right away, but, it's that level of competition at Alabama that's made "The Process" the most dominant entity this generation of college football has seen & will keep seeing in the foreseeable future..Cause the competition our Players practices against will keep producing NC's on the football field when the dust settles at the end of the season..

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
A shout out goes to all the 4th and 5th year seniors who have never lettered! If you look throughout the gameday roster you will find their names sprinkled here and there. I don't know a one, but I know that they are invaluable as they provide the opposition weekend and week out. We cheer and salute those who play -- and we should -- but we should also remember those who are a nameless but integral part of a TEAM! It takes a lot of intestinal fortitude to practice for 4-5 years and know that you will never hit the field. Hats off to them!!!

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
A shout out goes to all the 4th and 5th year seniors who have never lettered! If you look throughout the gameday roster you will find their names sprinkled here and there. I don't know a one, but I know that they are invaluable as they provide the opposition weekend and week out. We cheer and salute those who play -- and we should -- but we should also remember those who are a nameless but integral part of a TEAM! It takes a lot of intestinal fortitude to practice for 4-5 years and know that you will never hit the field. Hats off to them!!!
Well said.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Don't print Shank's obit just yet. I have a gut feeling he will come back with an attitude this fall
I really like Shank, but his performance on the field last season and so far this Spring has not been up to what most would consider the Alabama standard. I'm not sure if it's a technique thing or mental, but he just always seemed a step behind everyone else.

I hope he catches fire and pushes for his job back, but he's seemingly in Saban's doghouse over his weight.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Don't print Shank's obit just yet. I have a gut feeling he will come back with an attitude this fall
I really like Shank, but his performance on the field last season and so far this Spring has not been up to what most would consider the Alabama standard. I'm not sure if it's a technique thing or mental, but he just always seemed a step behind everyone else.

I hope he catches fire and pushes for his job back, but he's seemingly in Saban's doghouse over his weight.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
CNS specifically said after the scrimmage that Taylor will stay with the 2nd string until he loses weight and gets in shape. Kind of odd for a senior player in the program to struggle with staying in shape..

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.