Manziel released by the Browns

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
I agree that 16 million is a reach, but in the current climate I'm not sure what they're looking to do.

The Broncos signed Mark Sanchez, which isn't the answer. Unless the go out and get someone like AJ, or maybe sign Ryan Fitzpatrick, there isn't a lot out there.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I don't think they're done yet. Sanchez is just a stop gap measure. I think they'll get another QB before the season either through the draft or another FA. They also have Trevor Siemian as a backup.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Anybody here remember the 2nd game in College Station down 14-0 against this guy and tell me they were confident?

IMHO I hope this kid figures it out.
I was. And given that he threw as many touchdowns to our defense as his own team until the TJ fumble I think I was right.

Saban adjusts better than anyone. I felt confident even after the quick start.

tidegrandpa

All-American
I was. And given that he threw as many touchdowns to our defense as his own team until the TJ fumble I think I was right.

Saban adjusts better than anyone. I felt confident even after the quick start.
I did too, I was there, the most silent guy at the game, however not everybody thinks as me, I still hope the best for him , for he was a goodun' when it counted.

bamatex82

All-SEC
Oct 5, 2001
Greenville, TX
I have a coworker, an Aggie, who has defended Manziel for a long time, but no longer. Any how he has a Johnny Football poster. His fellow coworkers, fellow Aggies, doctored the poster by taping "Unemployed" over "Football." 😅

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
What a waste, another team will give him a shot, perhaps Dallas.
Oh, please..................make it happen!

However, as dumb as Jerruh is, I don't see that happening.

Come to think of it, maybe best if it doesn't. Doubt that I could turn on the radio or TV, the whole time he would be here. It is insufferable enough, as it is, without this human disaster area in town, full-time.

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
I am hoping that he ends up going to jail. He is circling the drain and needs to hit bottom. For many people, that happens when they run out of money. But that will not happen to Johnny - he can rely on the old man's money to quote The Eagles. I see his alternatives as dying from a drug OD or alcoholism or getting killed in a drug deal gone bad or some sort of stupid fight outside of a club.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I am hoping that he ends up going to jail. He is circling the drain and needs to hit bottom. For many people, that happens when they run out of money. But that will not happen to Johnny - he can rely on the old man's money to quote The Eagles. I see his alternatives as dying from a drug OD or alcoholism or getting killed in a drug deal gone bad or some sort of stupid fight outside of a club.
I agree totally - but that was Hall & Oates. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
The guy is 23 years old. He still has time to straighten out. I'm not confident he will, but one can hope.

Put me in the camp of the extremely worried when we were down 14-0 in College Station. The guy has had some of the best college games I've ever seen.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Perfect example of "stinking thinking" I got a problem but, its nipped in the bud.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.