Manziel released by the Browns

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I would like to say I feel sorry for him, but he has had more than one opportunity to change his ways.
Agree, I cannot forgive him for some of things he has done. He made a pile of cash, was famous and threw away his God given talent, now go away for a couple of years. Maybe things will change, but as of today, you blew it buddy.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Also saw where Sanchez was traded to Denver. Guess that means AJ`s out as far as they`re concerned?
The Brock Osweiler is a head scratch, was he angry for being replaced? He still got his ring, and would have been given the team. I do not understand. Sanchez is not a Kurt Warner or Peyton.

DollarTaker

Suspended
Jul 17, 2015
Destin, FL
This guy had a trust fund by or before the 7th grade and has 2 worthless parents to guide him thru life. He acted like a fool in high school and has not stopped since. He said on tv he would not stop parting and would live life to the fullest before the draft and was still a 1st round pick. He will probably get scammed out of his money and will be broke and homeless or dead by 30. How he got this far in football is beyond me.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
This guy had a trust fund by or before the 7th grade and has 2 worthless parents to guide him thru life.
Using the words "parents" liberally or in the most elastic sense correct ?? :wink: I heard all of those stories from folks who know the fam. That is what I call "messed up". I hope for his sake somehow some way he gets straight but I don't hold out much hope. Those cookies likely baked in the oven.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The young man is incredibly talented but I don't think his heart was ever in it as a professional athlete. He's a trust fund baby and he really doesn't have to act like an adult.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Got to say that I'm not surprised. Johnny Football has been one step ahead of the law
since he was in college.
He has shown an amazing lack of maturity for someone who possessed such great potential.
Football is a team sport and a QB who has no discipline is a liability.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
He's an overhyped punk living off of ONE lucky game where he got held to nearly half his usual offensive output per game but because he caught a team coming off an emotional must-win game on the road and put together......you know.....a solid quarter of output against that team in their lair just by chance the first year his team was in a new conference with glossy coverage........

You know how I'm always saying to look closer than the hype? His record (basically) was 19-5 in two years as a starter. While that's not too bad......if you looked closer when he was playing you'd have noticed something:

He beat lousy teams relatively easily
Auburn wasn't any good and neither was Arkansas.....or Ole Miss (and that one took a miracle).....the only really good team he beat was Alabama and sure he beat OU in the bowl game but other than Alabama in 2013 who HASN'T beaten OU in a bowl game in recent years?

Again, go look at the schedule.....they lost to 11-win Alabama at home, survived 8-win Ole Miss and 9-win Vandy, and lost to 12-win Auburn, 10-win LSU, and 12-win Mizzou......and then needed a spectacular comeback to beat a mid-level Duke team with ten wins.

Sure, he was college level talent but so are a lot of guys. In all seriousness, he needs to divide up half his NFL salary and disperse it to the 11 Tide starting defenders from the 2012 team because without that one quarter I seriously doubt the hype machine puts him in the NFL in the FIRST round.

On a personal level of basic human decency, this is sad; as someone who watched this unfold and figured it was just a matter of time, this is sheer comedy. My fear is that this one is another Rae Carruth, Lawrence Phillips, Aaron Hernandez just waiting to happen and maybe worse since he comes from a wealthy family is liable to think he can buy his way out of a sentence.

I hope not for more than one reason - but it really wouldn't surprise me.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Thanks, Bill this exactly what I had intended to say last night. He and his coach both made their careers with that one win over Alabama. His future appears to be out of control which can lead to some very serious issues.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
Manziel's evaluation is just about the only thing I've ever seen Jess write about that I disagreed with at the time and been proven correct. Selma's post is spot on. In the A&M loss, I saw a transcendental but fluky and dangerously risk-taking talent that would never convert into an NFL play style. I felt the Pro's would not know what to do with him, and this assumed that his head was screwed on right and he worked hard.

By any reasonable assessment, we should have won that game. His escapability was unreal, but you can't go around hoying softballs 40 yards through the air into crowds and expect your guy to come down with it. This is not skill, it is pure luck.

Manziel's greatest attribute that day was luck. I told a friend of mine, one day he had an unreal series of lucky escapes, that we should go rob a bank. Manziel could have robbed a bank that day, but instead he beat Alabama and robbed the Browns.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.