Game Thread: SEC Tournament Game #2: Alabama-Kentucky (6:00 CT)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I thought Norris was morphing into a pure spotup jump shooter but then he started firing air balls...
It's funny you'd mention Riley. I was hoping he'd become a more dependable 3 point ace, but I saw a recent photo that was snapped just after he'd released a 3 pointer and his follow thru is terrible (or at least in that pic it was).

I'm pretty amazed at the lack of fundamentals in the shooting motion these days. Suffice it to say, if a player doesn't have his elbow perpendicular to the goal under the ball and if his wrist doesn't follow through upon release directly toward the goal then there's not a real good chance of it going in.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
It's funny you'd mention Riley. I was hoping he'd become a more dependable 3 point ace, but I saw a recent photo that was snapped just after he'd released a 3 pointer and his follow thru is terrible (or at least in that pic it was).
Either that, or he's the best player in the college game shooting through a blindfold of one-way (incoming) transparency...Airballer of the Year unquestionably, but can get better form in the off-season, one has to believe.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Yup..Who was our last true pure shooter..Was it Earnest Shelton????.. (Quote)

He was a streaky dude, but Charvez Davis was pretty pure. His problem was that he wasn't athletic enough to get open consistently. Stroke wise though, he was solid.
This is the challenge of coaches today. Finding shooters who are also athletic enough to play at the D-1 level. It's probably always been a challenge, but in a day an age of early training and fitness it's even more the case.

True story, when I was coming out of HS I was told by coach Glen Clem, the winningest Jr. College coach in the country at the time, that my shooting and scoring abilities were as good as anyone's, but he said my athletic abilities were not on the collegiate level.

There were those like me who could shoot with the best of them, but just aren't good enough athletically to play on the collegiate level.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.