Game Thread: Bama vs Houston

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
It is the Gaspard and Andy Phillips show. Do we really expect great long term change?
Two keys moments in the game and we're on the wrong side of both; a base running error with 2 on and no outs and a questionable pitching decision in the 9th. Seems like some things never change.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Andy Phillips strikes again. His hitting approach never changes. First pitch swinging and not making the pitcher work. 13 strike outs tonight and no walks. None. Have watched this garbage for 5 years now. Always the same. Nepotism of the worst kind.
10-3 on season.

Since March 1st, Tide has scored just 18 runs in 6 games. Has double digit strikeouts in 3 games and 1 shy of double digits in another.

In last 3 games, Tide has been held scoreless in 24 of 27 innings.

HolyCow

3rd Team
Mar 27, 2010
Field of Dreams
Andy Phillips strikes again. His hitting approach never changes. First pitch swinging and not making the pitcher work. 13 strike outs tonight and no walks. None. Have watched this garbage for 5 years now. Always the same. Nepotism of the worst kind.
Vance led off 9th with the only walk and next batter up hit into DP followed by another K to end the game.
Coaches keep doing the same thing expecting to get different results. Saban makes changes to compete. These
fools won't.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Amazes me how Asspard and Phillips keep their jobs. Apparently when it comes to baseball mediocrity is fine by Battle.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
That may change after spending $45 million on the new stadium- some of it a private donation by Battle himself.We will have to see how the season plays out, but something tells me if we see a complete repeat of the last 2 years then something might just be done.One can hope.
Amazes me how Asspard and Phillips keep their jobs. Apparently when it comes to baseball mediocrity is fine by Battle.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
That may change after spending $45 million on the new stadium- some of it a private donation by Battle himself.We will have to see how the season plays out, but something tells me if we see a complete repeat of the last 2 years then something might just be done.One can hope.
Was hoping when Gaspard got cross with a big booster shortly after the Holidays money would talk and Mitch/Andy would be shown the door. I'd have no issue with Dax... Hoping they don't have a repeat of the past two years. If they do, hopefully Battle does the right thing! In the mean time, all we can do is watch and support the kids on the field!

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
And I will do that every weekend. It's not the kids fault.
Was hoping when Gaspard got cross with a big booster shortly after the Holidays money would talk and Mitch/Andy would be shown the door. I'd have no issue with Dax... Hoping they don't have a repeat of the past two years. If they do, hopefully Battle does the right thing! In the mean time, all we can do is watch and support the kids on the field!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.