NCAA Tourney Field So Far.....

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
If Texas tech can get in at 17-12, we should have gotten in at 18-14.
I just looked at Texas Tech schedule and out-of-conference was pitiful.

On a different subject, I watched a number of games this weekend and have to agree with others that Bama's talent is lacking. The players put in all out effort and the freshmen and sophomores will continue to get better. Talented additions will be playing next year as well.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I just looked at Texas Tech schedule and out-of-conference was pitiful.

On a different subject, I watched a number of games this weekend and have to agree with others that Bama's talent is lacking. The players put in all out effort and the freshmen and sophomores will continue to get better. Talented additions will be playing next year as well.
I know we keep hearing this year after year, only to be disappointed when the regular season gets underway. This is the first year though that we can actually believe it.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Just checked. Texas Tech was 19-12 on the season and had a RPI of 36, which was seventh best in the Big 12. Not a surprise they made it.

The biggest surprise in the field was Tulsa. As Maria Taylor said yesterday, you wouldn't have seen a "blind test" for Tulsa when judging resumes of potential teams. Heard one guy on the radio say people in Vegas said 14 teams that did not make the tournament would have been favored over Tulsa in a head-to-head game. Of course, that alone isn't the reason they shouldn't have been in the tournament, but it does support the questioning of them in the field.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Of the 68 teams in the NCAA Tournament, 10 have RPIs over 100. Three (Holy Cross, Florida Gulf Coast, and Fairleigh Dickinson) are over 200. Of the 32 teams in the NIT, 7 have a RPI at or over 100.

If the NCAA wants to reward a team for winning its conference tournament, I have no problem with it - as long as the team's RPI isn't a joke. Holy Cross has a 248 RPI.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
12s are usually as good , if not better, than the 5s. I picked all four 12s one year and three of them won.
I don't think that there is a whole lot of difference in the middle of the field every year. The 5/12 seed match-ups are pretty heavily watched with many "upsets" for that reason.

The top 3-4 seeds are usually the cream of the crop and the eventual champion almost always comes from that group. The bottom 3-4 seeds are usually only there because of the way that the bracket is assembled and have almost no chance of even winning one game.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
If Texas tech can get in at 17-12, we should have gotten in at 18-14.
Let's be real though, many teams have a beef with not getting in and we aren't one of them.

South Carolina won 24 games and got snubbed for a 19 win Vandy team. (yes I realize the quality wasn't there, but that's a lot of wins for a power 5 team to get excluded.) Cuse got the bid almost inexplicably, I can only assume because this is potentially Boeheim's last go around. Tulsa is the biggest joke to ever make the tourney at an at large, even worse than UCLA last year. The fact that these teams made it in over St Mary's and Monmouth is nearly a disgrace. Look at the quality of wins between Monmouth and Tulsa and it's an embarrassment which one got chosen.

Even St Bonaventure had the talent to make a run, and they got jilted. Believe me, many teams could have made the case to be in, and we aren't one of them.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Let's be real though, many teams have a beef with not getting in and we aren't one of them.

South Carolina won 24 games and got snubbed for a 19 win Vandy team.
(yes I realize the quality wasn't there, but that's a lot of wins for a power 5 team to get excluded.) Cuse got the bid almost inexplicably, I can only assume because this is potentially Boeheim's last go around. Tulsa is the biggest joke to ever make the tourney at an at large, even worse than UCLA last year. The fact that these teams made it in over St Mary's and Monmouth is nearly a disgrace. Look at the quality of wins between Monmouth and Tulsa and it's an embarrassment which one got chosen.

Even St Bonaventure had the talent to make a run, and they got jilted. Believe me, many teams could have made the case to be in, and we aren't one of them.
South Carolina does have a much better chance of getting into post-season play in football than does Vandy, so I suppose it all works out.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.