Jake Coker Says He Played All of 2015 Season With a Broken Toe

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Exactly, and since Coker didn't lose any playtime, it wasn't a break in a severe location. As I said previously I'm not trying to undersell the man's toughness we all know how tough Jake is. He has a built in hit stick.

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Playing on A broken toe really isn't all that impressive to me. AJ played with a broken rib, I think that's a little tougher. I have a broken toe in my right foot, yet still fight MMA. Which is high impact on the foot when I contact with a kick. Not to knock the guys toughness, that was never called into question.
Oh well.....next thread

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Playing on A broken toe really isn't all that impressive to me. AJ played with a broken rib, I think that's a little tougher. I have a broken toe in my right foot, yet still fight MMA. Which is high impact on the foot when I contact with a kick. Not to knock the guys toughness, that was never called into question.
:rolleyes:

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014
Bama don't win it without him. If he would have sat out any, things could have been different. Enhances his legacy at Bama.
We would have won it with any above average quarterback. I agree we didn't have better options on our bench but that doesn't mean Coker was the reason we won. You have to strike this season up to the defense and Derrick Henry.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
We would have won it with any above average quarterback. I agree we didn't have better options on our bench but that doesn't mean Coker was the reason we won. You have to strike this season up to the defense and Derrick Henry.
Maybe, but he was absolutely one of the reasons we won and he deserves credit for that. Giving him props for his part doesn't take anything from others. The fact that he was in pain while he played makes his effort even more praise worthy.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I think we might not have won at Tennessee with an average QB. Even with earlier play, that was clutch.

James Eagle

1st Team
Aug 9, 2011
North Georgia
Good grief, give Coker credit for performing well when we needed him most. I certainly would not want to replay last season with "any above average quarterback"!

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Can anyone remember the last time we had a qb miss a game of any kind of importance because of an injury? Its been a long time.
I have a unique opinion that our S&C and uptempo spring and fall practices help discover weak lengths ready to go pop before the season. Which if true, is a good thing. And that our players play through injuries that used to sideline them due to advances in medicine and determination to not sit on the bench. imo

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Coker may not have rewritten the record books wrt stats, but I'd take him as our QB any day of the week and twice on Sundays. One of the gutsiest, toughest QBs I've seen play in a long time...
No joke. And his dominant performance in the playoffs was essential to our championship. He became our best player in those last two games and if he hadn't, we wouldn't have (probably wouldn't have anyway) won the championship.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Where were our defense and Derrick Henry in the second half of the NC game vs. Clemson? I completely disagree with your sentiment. There are a ton of "above average" quarterbacks that don't have Coker's guts and would've wilted in that moment.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
No joke. And his dominant performance in the playoffs was essential to our championship. He became our best player in those last two games and if he hadn't, we wouldn't have (probably wouldn't have anyway) won the championship.

I am totally agreeing with you!

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
If there was a three character limit, you would have violated it with yours.
Okay Am I missing something here, Pretty sure I put three characters minimum in all my posts. This is rather irritating, you guys taking my post and making me sound like I'm trying to be a jerk or something, and I'm not. S'all good though, I'll go back to lurking.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.