Jake Coker Says He Played All of 2015 Season With a Broken Toe

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
We would have won it with any above average quarterback. I agree we didn't have better options on our bench but that doesn't mean Coker was the reason we won. You have to strike this season up to the defense and Derrick Henry.
The only game Coker didn't actually start, we lost that game, Coker came in the 2nd half & almost won that game, we lose 1-2 more games with as you say an above average QB..Coker was as important as any one player in our offense..

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL
We would have won it with any above average quarterback. I agree we didn't have better options on our bench but that doesn't mean Coker was the reason we won. You have to strike this season up to the defense and Derrick Henry.
I think you've forgotten how many times Coker bailed us out. Tennessee..Auburn..all those third and longs running for his life. He was pretty much flawless from the Florida game on. He certainly played a huge role against Clemson, when our defense was non-existent and Henry was largely ineffective (mostly due to the o-line). I shudder to think what would have happened had he not made that long pass to Stewart on 3rd and 11. I tend to believe the game would have turned out much differently.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Okay Am I missing something here, Pretty sure I put three characters minimum in all my posts. This is rather irritating, you guys taking my post and making me sound like I'm trying to be a jerk or something, and I'm not. S'all good though, I'll go back to lurking.
Ease up, pal. I was joking because you said "three character LIMIT."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Okay Am I missing something here, Pretty sure I put three characters minimum in all my posts. This is rather irritating, you guys taking my post and making me sound like I'm trying to be a jerk or something, and I'm not. S'all good though, I'll go back to lurking.

I agree with above post. Speak your mind, we are all fans and everything is in good spirit. Hope to hear more from you.

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014
I think you've forgotten how many times Coker bailed us out. Tennessee..Auburn..all those third and longs running for his life. He was pretty much flawless from the Florida game on. He certainly played a huge role against Clemson, when our defense was non-existent and Henry was largely ineffective (mostly due to the o-line). I shudder to think what would have happened had he not made that long pass to Stewart on 3rd and 11. I tend to believe the game would have turned out much differently.
Hey Yall, I didn't mean to get the boys all fired up with the pitchforks. My original comment was meant to solidify the fact that we did not have a top quarterback last year and we were fine. I was trying to to project that same enthusiasm for next year regardless of the quaterback. Coker was the MAN but I don't believe he was the main reason we won the title. I think the defense deserves the credit for that. I could also mention the Tennessee game when Henry scored the go ahead TD and the Defense took the ball away for the victory. I'm Rolll Tide all the way with a degree from Alabama and I'm sorry if I rubbed some feathers the wrong way. Roll Tide.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.