Richt and Miami open Spring practice.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
With or without Richt, I don't see the canes surpassing FSU or Clemson anytime soon. I see 7-8 wins/yr as his ceiling down there and that's probably about it. Richt has never had a problem getting players he just does not develop them very well.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
MR, will be successful at Miami, if not this upcoming season, then in the near future. At a major football program, when 9-3, 10-2, 11-1, so on isn't a good season, ( I understand everyone wants championships) then somethings wrong with that (JMO). Gotta feeling in a couple of years, GA is gonna realize they goofed. (JMO);)

Wallace Butts ..... 1939-1960 .615
Vince Dooley .......1964-1988 .715
Jim Donnan .........1996-2000 .678
Mark Richt ...........2001-2015 .738
Total all time ........................ .644

I agree with you. But who knows, Kirby may light a fire under them that was missing with Mark. I always thought Georgia played sorta flat in most big games.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
With or without Richt, I don't see the canes surpassing FSU or Clemson anytime soon. I see 7-8 wins/yr as his ceiling down there and that's probably about it. Richt has never had a problem getting players he just does not develop them very well.
I am fine with Miami losing to FSU - I just want them absorbing some of the talent in that part of the state. Addition by subtraction.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

Some surprising names make the list of worst facilities in the Power 5

ACC
Miami
Boston College and Syracuse would have made fine, logical choices, but we picked Miami based on its history -- and, more so, its potential.
Even though Sun Life Stadium is being upgraded significantly, being a 30- to 45-minute ride from its stadium is clearly the biggest drawback for the program. AD Blake James told Insider in December that he’s always on the lookout for other options. Perhaps one is a new MLS facility that David Beckham is reportedly considering. It would be located near the old Orange Bowl, much nearer to campus. The size of it would also be more in line with what “The U,” as a smaller private school, needs as opposed to the stadium it currently shares with an NFL team.
James showed Insider plans for a new indoor facility, a real need considering the amount of rain South Florida receives every year. The team complex has seen work in the recent years; it’s on par with the middle of the ACC.
Miami has traditionally not been willing to spend, but there is momentum toward better commitment. New coach Mark Richt will surely be influential in continuing that trend.

http://espn.go.com/blog/travis-haney/insider/post?id=5280

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
This! Dazzle me with facts, lol. Really, stats mean more than opinion in my book. When I look at the past 4-5 years records and recruiting I see Golden stumbled. Miami plays FSU at home and VT and Notre Dame away. The worse they should do is 9-3. If that is the case they will no doubt be in the ACC CG. For a new HC and a down program that would be huge. They will be favored in those nine games I think.

I have zero love for Miami but as has all ready be mentioned someone from that division needs to challenge FSU and Clemson. It would be good for football, just like Nebraska coming back would be good.
Where to begin.

Because he was only 14-23 against ranked teams in his last 8 seasons. In two-thirds of his overall losses, Georgia was the favorite team. He went 9-3 this year but got pummeled in the only three games that mattered -- Alabama, Florida and UT. Thus, a typically misleading win-loss record. Richt's teams averaged 4 losses a year since 2007.

Because, he had a virtual monopoly in the state of Georgia that he will never have in Florida and yet still struggled to attract the best in-state players.

Because he offered Bryce Ramsey, who played at a Wing T school, before he started a high school game but was inexplicably late in recruiting Deshaun Watson or Blake Sims who lived 40 miles away from his front door.

Because he recruited Cam Newton as a tight end.

Because for a so-called Christian, he and his staff were highly negative recruiters. The "character guy" stuff is way overblown

Because he couldn't control his players in Athens until the school started enacting mandatory penalties. How do you think Brother Mark's approach will work on South Beach?

Because Richt's teams embarrassed themselves almost as often as they were embarrassed by decent teams.

And because I don't think he's wiling to work hard enough at this point in his career to build and sustain a program in a place that's not a natural fit for college football.
There's some serious facts. Well done, CE.

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
The UGA Ad woke up one morning and while he was eating his oatmeal, this thunderbolt realization hit him: we are never going to get any better than we are today under CMR or something to that effect. CKS is going to make UGA fans forget CMR in a Buckhead second.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.