2017 Prospect: JUCO LB Gary Johnson Updates

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Re: ***JUCO LB Gary Johnson Commits To Bama***

After the changes of heart, nice to read of someone so unequivocal in his desire to be part of this team. Welcome, Gary.

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL

Didn't ever think I would say this, don't think I ever will again, but this guy is from my high school... sorta. Gary has his own "Blind Side" story. Douglas was playing in a basketball tourney in B-ham and they had played a couple of games including the last game of the day. This guy continued to hang around the gym long after the games were over. I don't know how everything transpired as I am nearly 10 years removed from school, but several guys discovered that Gary was homeless. After an apparent big fight with AHSAA a family from Douglas was able to provide him a home for over two years. He was a phenomenal athlete but went unnoticed due to injuries and, to a larger extent, playing at Douglas. Knowing his story makes me pull hard for Gary and the fact that he graduated from my football poor high school is icing on the cake! RTR

Last edited:

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

Welcome Gary!! Roll Tide!!!

This guys looks like he has good speed and tracks down runners very well. i wonder about his size and if he can shed blockers very well. His film doesn't show much of him fighting off blockers. I expect him to be a great Jack or Sam LB.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001

After the changes of heart, nice to read of someone so unequivocal in his desire to be part of this team. Welcome, Gary.
I'm not too sure of the unequivocal part. The article says he plans to listen to other offers.

Hope he sticks.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Unless they are actively recruiting for the school, I agree.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Great pick-up here. Here is an article with quotes from his JUCO coaches. They can not stop talking about the kids attitude and leadership. The thing that caught my eye was his handheld 40 time by 3 different coaches. They say we are recruiting him to play inside so we are getting us a sideline to sideline LB.

For those not wanting to pay attention to commits see my post under another thread about the overwhelming majority keep their commitment to us. De-commits are part of the deal also and if it bothers you or you don't like it you may want to consider not following recruiting.

http://alabama.247sports.com/Articl...bama-football-recruiting-gets-rating-44396975

Last edited:

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia

I saw him run track in HS. He is very fast. In fact faster than most college running backs. He could play running back and be a stud also.
That's all we need. Another LB playing RB. How'd that last guy turn out? :wink:

CrimsonDynasT

2nd Team
Sep 23, 2007

Nice story about his background--sounds like another Bama player I can root for on a personal level. Welcome to Bama, Gary!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.