Prayers for my sister

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
Hey all...my sister had a baby (boy) this morning at a super early 26 weeks. He was born at 27 oz (so 1lb, 10/11 oz.). We knew this was a possibility last week when she was admitted to the hospital and put on bed rest for the duration, but of course were surprised when it did happen so early. So just prayer for him that he will be healthy and grow well, and that my sister can recover from surgery (it was a C-Section delivery, of course) and for my brother in law as he supports for and cares for them both. From what I hear from my mother and other sister that right now they're both doing OK all things considered, but it's a long road ahead of them. This comes on heels of a really crummy 2015 for her personally and professionally (losing a mother in law, a former roommate/best friend...both to cancer, a serious car accident, a move and job change), so I guess pray too for strength, both physical and emotional, to get through this.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
I pray for strength for your family through this and healing for your sister. May God bless that little one with healthy growth.

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
Hey all. Unfortunately my nephew suffered some complications and wasn't able to pull through, passing away on April 9th at about 20 days old. (Sorry for the delayed update, it's been a bit of a whirlwind few weeks since then).

I've seen my sister since then (I went up to Virginia for the memorial service a couple of weeks back) and she's doing as well as can be expected, but she could still certainly use prayers as she and her husband continue to grieve and mourn the loss of their son.

Fortunately, even though she's away from most of her immediate family, she does have a wonderful support system between their church, extended family a couple of hours away, and work as well so they're not going about this alone--plus those of us in Alabama and Georgia checking in on her regularly. She's also started seeing a therapist/counselor this week.

Thanks for the prayers for them, and we certainly appreciate prayer for them all going forward.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.