NCAA Tourney games discussion catch-all

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
This has been a good game, plenty of momentum swing. Could well be decided by which team has the ball last and whether or not they can make a shot, likely a heavily contested shot. Still hoping 'Nova can win it.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
This whole tournament the thing that has stood out to me is just how big the disparity is with 3pt shooting between the good teams and us.

Last edited:

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
This whole tournament the thing that has stoop out to me is just how big the disparity is with 3pt shooting between the good teams and us.
You got that right. That plus the way that really good teams (like the ones we watched last night) execute their offense in the half court set. On and off ball screens, pic and rolls, etc.. Immediate recognition of the defense, where the weakness lies, and how to attack it.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Not to unload a double-barrel blast of rock salt into any old 'Bama basketball wounds, but wasn't this largely the same now-senior-laden Villanova team that 'Bama beat by 22 in a "preseason" tournament three years ago?

What a little player development can do for a program, oy vey...
Only two Villanova players from last night participated in that game (Arcidiacono and Ochefu) while Alabama only had one player from that game this season (Retin). Pollard and Jacobs were elsewhere this season, but Nick would have graduated if he stayed.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I'll just say that was about as good of a game as I've ever seen, and Villanova was living proof that the team concept, at the collegiate level, is more significant than an overload of NBA talent.
Villanova was tiny compared to Carolina, but my goodness they executed and were incredibly coached.
I loved it.
sip

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Changed one word so I could plagiarize you 31 years later. Noticed Rollie Mass was looking preternaturally youthful Monday night, too.

I'll just say that was about as good of a game as I've ever seen, and Villanova was living proof that the team concept, at the collegiate level, is more significant than an overload of NBA talent.
Villanova was tiny compared to Georgetown, but my goodness they executed and were incredibly coached.
I loved it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.