NCAA Tourney games discussion catch-all

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Not brackets but games; upcoming, past, doesn't matter. A thread to talk about games, teams, and coaches.

It is hard for me to find a team to be FOR. For years I would be a N Carolina fan, but no longer. The academic crap they hid sticks in my craw. As much as I admire Duke and Krzyzweski, I'm tired of them. Notre Dame? Can't stand 'em.

Want to get behind aTm as the conference last hope, but can't do it. Guess it comes down to Kansas. They're a traditional power, not blatant scumbags, so there it is. Rock chalk Jayhawk!

Would be o.k. with Gonzaga, too. :)

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I was pulling for the Badgers last night and they were in position to win with some very timely treys....and had the lead and the ball with 19 seconds to play.

Then 2 turnovers happened. :eek:

And the Irish "stole" the game.

Crappy way to lose a sweet sixteen game.....

I don't really have a fav. anymore and have lost interest for the time being.

With softball and baseball going on - I have options! :)

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Same here, sick of Vitale's ACC love fest so can't be for any of those teams. Hield is a good player but plays for a team I don't care for. I've been for Villanova for several rounds.

I'm not much of a Duke fan but had always admired Coach K. However, he completely mishandled the post game situation the other night and then tried to make the kid out to be the liar. Lost a lot of respect for the guy.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Vandy's Stallings is leaving for the Pitt job. It will be interesting to see who they target for a coach.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Vandy's Stallings is leaving for the Pitt job. It will be interesting to see who they target for a coach.
Speaking of coaching changes, Scarbo wrote an article promoting Chuck Person ex-barn star and now assistant coach under Pearl) for the UAB job. Someone on ITAT suggested it was part of al.com's plot to hurt their recruiting.

I agree, with Scarbo being such a big booster of ours. :rolleyes:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I've been pulling for Villanova. I like their style, and I like that they have been under so much pressure from exiting the tourney early the last couple of years, despite having high seeds. So I've been pulling for them to break through and they have. Hopefully they can finish the job. OU will be tough, but Nova can defend really well and if the Sooners are off on their 3 point shooting, they will have a tough time winning. North Carolina ought to dominate Syracuse. I think it will be UNC vs. Nova for the championship and that should be fantastic game. We'll see. Hopefully, Alabama is in this position sooner than later.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
CrimsonForce said:
How is a team that Alabama beat in the elite 8?
See below

I was pulling for the Badgers last night and they were in position to win with some very timely treys....and had the lead and the ball with 19 seconds to play.

Then 2 turnovers happened. :eek:

And the Irish "stole" the game.

Crappy way to lose a sweet sixteen game.....

I don't really have a fav. anymore and have lost interest for the time being.

With softball and baseball going on - I have options! :)
Turnovers will do it to you every time

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Final Four is underway. Villanova up 14 at the half on the covered wagons and look very good while doing it. Hield will have to have a huge second half in order for OU to win.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
This music they play makes me think i gave up on my career a little early. Just wow at what people will listen to now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
UNC has pulled away from the Orange. A 'Nova/UNC match up would appear to be a good finale'.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
UNC has pulled away from the Orange. A 'Nova/UNC match up would appear to be a good finale'.

Agreed.

Oklahoma v 'Nova was a case of a one team unable to do anything it usually does meeting another team doing what it does at a very high level. Neither is as good or bad as what we saw. Saturday.

If I were forced to bet on Mondays' game, it would be on the Heels, though I'd rather see Villanova win.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.